Thread: Tangible connection to our hunter-gather ancestors page

Soil To Sustenance is offline Senior Member

Tangible connection to our hunter-gather ancestors

Shop Now
    As I have worked over the past several years on improving my land for gardening, I have found numerous artifacts. Here is an example spear point that is approximately 3000-5000 years old (as told to me by a UNC archeologist).

Kind of cool to think about the type of game that was hunted using a spear this big...

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Man I used to LOVE going out and hunting arrowheads with my dad when I was a kid. We found all kinds of cool stuff in fields right after farmers plowed, points, scrapers, lots of pottery bits.

Then my loser of a brother stole them and sold all... what a dick.

I haven't found a point in years, I was looking for fossils down by a river in town today and was thinking about how even though I loved finding artifacts as a kid I never really grasped the significance of holding in my hands a tool that our ancient ancestors created thousands of years ago and used to keep themselves alive. It really is powerful stuff!

Soil To Sustenance is offline Senior Member
    I never really grasped the significance of holding in my hands a tool that our ancient ancestors created thousands of years ago and used to keep themselves alive. It really is powerful stuff!
    Exactly how I feel.