Thread: Supplement recommendations page

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member

Supplement recommendations

Shop Now
    Alright I finished off my multi-vit., my fish oil and my vit. d yesterday so I need to go and get more stuff today. I planning to cut out the multi-vit and thinking of picking up a zinc supp along with my vit. d and fish oil; but I am wondering if there are some other things I should look into as well.

Thanks
    Adventure
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Magnesium and selenium are common defficiencies. Unless you have any specific disorders that could be linked to defficiencies it is hard to recommend anything. I personally like taking a high quality multivitamin, because defficiencies will obviously be harder to come by (quality is key here because absorption varies).

I was thinking about the Magnesium as well in fact. Are there any specific multivitamin brands you would recommend?
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    With the multi-vitamin, I'm a fan of Puritan's Pride mega-vita gel capsules. I take them along with fish oil and probiotics.

At Puritan you can buy 2, get 3 free. (Awesome deal) and they're expanding now into coffees, teas and spices!

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventure8410 View Post
    I was thinking about the Magnesium as well in fact. Are there any specific multivitamin brands you would recommend?
    I take Rainbow Light... http://www.rainbowlight.com/
    I was also wondering what supplements should be taken... good question. I currently take a multi, vit D, Omega 3 fish oil, and magnesium.

Jadebb1 is offline Senior Member
    I think absolue staples should be magnesium (Natural Calm if your body will accept it), fish oil (I use Carlsons and noticed a big difference when I switched from capsules to the liquid form), vitamin D (must be in oil), a probiotic (a Good Quality!! one - I alternate between Garden of Life's Primal Defense and Dr. Ohira's), and a multivitamin (I'm still auditioning them - I think I might try the Puritain's Pride as mentioned by Diana Renata above).

So far everyone has been super sick around me since before the holidays. I usually catch it as I work around people, too - so far (knock wood!) I have kept healthy!

I really believe its my supplements! Oh, and eating primally!

How much zinc and magnesium is recommended around here?

My blog

echoyjeff222 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    With the multi-vitamin, I'm a fan of Puritan's Pride mega-vita gel capsules. I take them along with fish oil and probiotics.

At Puritan you can buy 2, get 3 free. (Awesome deal) and they're expanding now into coffees, teas and spices!
    Is Puritan's Pride quality good? The deals seem too good too be true!
    feel free to take a look at my journal!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...primal-journal!

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventure8410 View Post
    How much zinc and magnesium is recommended around here?
    Afaik you don't really need supplemental zinc, meat are the best sources. My multi has 20mg which seems apropriate. I think mg is recommended in the 500mg range, but it also depends on your calcium and vit d intake. Guess this is a bump for someone smarter to answer it

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadebb1 View Post
    fish oil (I use Carlsons and noticed a big difference when I switched from capsules to the liquid form),
    can you elaborate a bit?