Thread: When is the best time to take vitamin D supplements? page

Styrofoam Jones is offline Senior Member

When is the best time to take vitamin D supplements?

Primal Fuel
    If there is a best time.

I've been taking mine with a meal (my first meal of the day) as the bottle suggests, but I've seen several people here say they take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Is it absorbed better that way? I've also heard that taking vitamins D and A together interferes with the absorption of both, and my diet is pretty high in vit A so I'm kind of worried about messing up my vit D intake by taking it alongside food.

I'm using NOW Foods' olive oil based capsules, if that makes any difference.
    Last edited by Styrofoam Jones; 01-29-2011 at 02:30 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Jones,
    I have also seen reputable links about Vitamin A supplements interfering with Vitamin D. The receptors in our body supposedly can't distinguish between them. I wish I had saved those links because I can't find them now :--((

My solution is to take my Multi-Vitamins in the evening & my Vitamin D3 in the morning.

Hope this helps. If you find those links again, please let me know.
    How is your prostate problems progressing? Any luck?

Best of health to you,
    Grizz

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I aim for a 6:1 ratio or so of D to A. Makes sense to me that we would not have been eating lots of liver all the time, but we would have been out in the sun a lot.

I take my D whenever I feel like it-it's fat-soluble, so it really doesn't matter. I achieved a blood level of 91 ng/ml without any trouble taking Carlson's Solar D gems--though any oil-based should be fine.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i think it's best absorbed with fat, so eat a bite of butter, or take it with your cream and coffee.