Thread: Oprah... this Tuesday page

healthy11 is offline Senior Member

Oprah... this Tuesday

Oh no... Oprah others goes vegan for 1 week (or however long)... here we go. Oprah did it so now the whole world will believe it.

Michael Pollan will be on the show as well and they will talk about factory farming. I am not sure what Michael Pollan's stance is besides trying to make the public aware of where our food comes from.

Anyways, just a heads up! lol

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I'm in here after listening to Mark Bittman and going vegan during the day. I was eating all those "healthy" whole grains and legumes. At the end of a month of that, I was so swollen. I couldn't get my wedding rings on. I looked pregnant. After doing a bit more research and reading Taubes and PB I decided this made a lot more sense. A week of PB got rid of all the water and I feel much better.

momofredheads is offline Senior Member
    I saw that. Well, you know fads they come and go. Oprah hasn't been able to maintain her weight at a healthy range, she has had her share of fad diets. Maybe she should have Mark on her show and see how many people sign up.
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Mandolin is offline Senior Member
    I was vegan for a whopping (almost) 3 weeks last summer. BOOOOOOORRRRRRRRINNNNNNGGGGG.

Me like bacon.

cavemanj is offline Senior Member
    I was vegan for about 3 years; lost a good bit of weight in the process. It's not really that bad of a diet if managed properly -- hell of a lot better than an SAD. The issue is you end up supplementing protein with a bunch of crap -- Morningstar Farms, etc. Veggie burgers have so many ingredients you don't know what they are. If I had to evaluate the two, I would say that vegan definitely trumps SAD. The problem with a vegan diet is that it's tough to manage carb cravings, it's hard to find good sources of protein, and too many vegans don't eat actual vegetables.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    I was really hoping you were going to say Mark was going to be on Oprah.... I would have turned the idiot box on for that one. lol

jdjohnson50 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    "Oprah did it so now the whole world will believe it." Excellent! More meat for me.