Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: College student in need of snack ideas page

mpanter is offline Junior Member

College student in need of snack ideas

Shop Now
    Hi everybody,
    I'm trying to come up with some snack ideas outside of the usual nuts/jerky/dried fruit. I'm a poor college student without a fridge, but I'm looking for something a little different. Does anyone have any ideas for stuff I can get from Whole Foods or something and eat without a ton of preparation? Thanks very much!

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Without a fridge? Come now, small refrigerators aren't that expensive these days. Perhaps you and a roommate(s) could put in on one?

If even that's out of your range, you have a plethora of coconut treats: coconut chips/flakes are a favorite of mine to use as a snack, and things like coconut cream concentrate (how to get it: Tropical Traditions website -- these guys have great deals on their products). You also have a wide array of dark chocolates. There's also the option of buying canned goods (tuna, etc.) if you really feel like going that route, but you'd need to mix it with something in most cases to make it palatable.

Outside those and the items you already posted (nuts/jerky/fruit), I'm drawing a blank at the moment. Having a means to keep foods cool is a great help though (veggies, hard-boiled eggs, cheeses if you can handle dairy, berries and some other fruits), so try to see if you can find a way to get a small fridge if possible. The little mini-fridges usually can be found fairly cheaply.

(And trust me I know how you feel about being the poor college student. I am one.)
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

mpanter is offline Junior Member
    Actually its not that I can't afford it. Unfortunately, such is the nature of my dorm that I can't get a fridge. It's crazy, I know...

grokka is offline Senior Member
    IF is the best snack. Perhaps you could mkae some coconut flour baked goods or something? Fruit. I don't snack, there's not enough time. I'm in highschool with ap classes and 4-5 hours of tennis a day. Coconut milk or heavy cream would be delicious. don't know if you need the calories though.

sorry that was a big jumble haha.

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    Avocados are nice and portable, you've just gotta keep a spoon or something handy. (And I guess you'd have to eat the whole thing at once, since you can refrigerate it.)

stuffguru is offline Member
    Sardines right out of the tin.
    Homo sum, humani nil a me alienum puto

RexBear is offline Junior Member
    Dark chocolate covered ginger. I have gotten it at Whole Foods and other groceries in the bulk section.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    What about a camping cooler? If you kept putting ice in, you could treat it like a mini fridge.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Imrotu is offline Member
    I second the sardines in a tin! Get the kind in olive oil, toss in half an avocado and some of those nuts you're tired of...AMAZING.
    Otherwise suck on coconut oil?

Imrotu is offline Member
    Oh and I usually put things on the window sill since it gets really cold at night as a lazy means of refrigeration.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast