I've been lurking around on Leangains for a while now, and I'm really interested in giving the principals a try. I'm already a super IF-er, so it really shouldn't be hard for me. The only problem is that no matter how much I read, I feel like the blog is kind of all over the place, so I still get confused about some of the guidelines.
I'm planning on switching to some kind of a modified Leangains lifestyle. Here are the guidelines I'm setting for myself. If anyone, especially a Leangains veteran, can critique them I'd be really appreciative! I plan on journaling each day of my experience in detail, so if this works well for me others can benefit!
To start, here are some stats:
I'm a 23 (24 tomorrow!) year old woman, and I fluctuate between 117 and 123 lbs. I keep gaining and losing the same 5 lbs over and over again. I've been following a primal lifestyle since around November, and with each week it becomes easier.
I am REALLY bad with measuring with calipers, but I can safely say that I am probably ~100 lbs lean muscle and ~ 20 lbs fat (boo).
My primary goal is fat loss to lean out - I went from pudgey to skinny-fat with a little belly pooch, and I'd love to lose a couple inches around my stomach. Gaining muscle is of course a close second and will soon become the priority.
So here are the principals I'm looking to follow -
1) During the morning fast, nothing will be consumed except for water, herbal tea,
and possibly a cup of coffee with half and half (1-2 TB). I usually drink my coffee around noon.
2) Fast until noon. At noon, a cup of coffee with half and half will be probably be consumed (if not consumed earlier).
3) The fast will be broken between 1:30 and 2:00 PM with lunch. Lunch is either a bigass salad with meat or a good piece of meat with green vegetables.
4) Dinner is eaten between 6:00 and 6:30. 99% of the time Dinner is a good piece of meat with green vegetables.
5) After Dinner, the remaining calories and protein needed for the day will be eaten as Martin's Protein Fluff or Greek Yogurt with a few berries.
6) I will eat about 100 grams of protein every day - 1 gram per lb of lean bodyweight. I'm a little confused about other macronutrient ratios. And should I be eating more protein?
7) I will continue to do a combination of Power Yoga, Pilates (with a pilates machine), and bodyweight exercises (push ups, pull ups, squats) 3-4 times a week.
8) Kettle bell swings as a form of sprinting once a week
9) I will take BCAA before working out and 20 g additional BCAA after working out (as outlined in the Leangains Guide)
10) Resume current schedule of moving slowly a lot all day
**I don't want to do the typical "lift heavy things" right now for a few reasons. I enjoy the work outs I am doing now and have no desire to drive to the gym and lift. It's not because I'm afraid of lifting or bulking up - I've lifted before and am just tired of it. That's why I'm going to see if this modified workout schedule works in the term of leangains.**
So that's it! If anyone thinks I'm completely off mark here please let me know! I guess my only last element of confusion is the macronutrient levels - I'm not sure whether to stagger my carb and fat ratios like Martin suggests or just eat primally - 55-70 % fat - all the time. Can any other Primal Leangainers help me out here?