Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weekly Menu Planner page 2

dakini is offline Senior Member
    I meal plan so that when I get home from work I don't have to think about what to cook for my daughter. she is almost always hungry after daycare. If I'm not hungry, I don't eat supper, but I have to have something made for her.

theholla is offline Senior Member
    I've recently started making a weekday menu again, but I'm another nerd who does it in Excel. So far, I love it! The biggest benefit has been drastically cutting down on food waste while only having to go food shopping once a week. It is also awesome not having to figure out what to cook when I come home from work pooped, and just knowing that all the ingredients will be there. I keep a looser plan on the weekends, because I typically go to the farm market Saturday morning and like the flexibility to build a couple meals around whatever neat stuff I find there.

SpecOps, I haven't found it makes me any more likely to eat when I'm not hungry - in fact, I'll typically skip a couple of the planned meals for various reasons - not hungry, lunch meeting at work, going out to dinner with friends, etc. It is only really a problem if I've already defrosted a nice piece of meat, in which case it is simple enough to reschedule a few meals so I can cook it before it goes bad.

In a more general sense, being able to skip meals was just an effect of going Primal for me. I used to laugh at the advice "only eat when you're hungry," because I was always hungry! Now that I'm not always hungry, skipping a meal once or twice a week just kind of happens. It took a couple months following this way of eating for me to really get my hunger cues sorted out though, so if you're a newbie, I wouldn't worry too much about it yet. And personally, I believe that what you eat is always more important than when you eat it.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

tango68 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    SpecOps: Not sure about other paleo/primal eaters, but since I flipped to eating primal, I'm constantly hungry. I suppose it could be I'm not eating enough fat at each meal, but I eat, then within 1.5 hrs, I'm hungry.

A few years ago I purchased a cookbook from Costco that featured receipes in bulk. Basically each receipe would make 4 meals with 4 servings per meal. The extra's would be frozen in foodsaver bags. It worked out great, as you would make 3 receipes and have about 12-24 meals. The ingredients were layed out so it was a no brainer; only problem is the cookbook was not paleo/primal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12