Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What kitchen utensils do I need to be a Primal Baker? page

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member

What kitchen utensils do I need to be a Primal Baker?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm clueless and a beginner in the kitchen. I mainly want to be good at making primal cakes and desserts, at least for now.

What good kitchen utensils do I need to be a master baker?

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    The more primal you get, the less dessert baking you'll be doing. Take this from a serious cook. That said you will need the same tools that you need for regular baking:

Large mixing bowl, I love an 8 qt Pyrex
    Soft rubber spatulas, wide and narrow
    Blender, hand is OK, fancy Kitchenaid if you have the $
    Food processor comes in handy for grating but is not essential
    Baking tins - 10x15 cookie sheet, 8" square brownie tin, 9 x13 tin, loaf pans, muffin tins (I love Muffin Top pans), 8 or 9" cake pans, pie plate
    Silpat baking sheet liner or non stick aluminum foil
    Measuring cups, measuring spoons, 1 or 2 šup liquid measure
    Ceramic ramekins
    Last edited by Adrianag; 01-28-2011 at 12:49 AM.

JPA
    I'm really just wanting to go primal chef on desserts. I've been primal for 3 months and I don't crave normal meal foods, just the primal low-carb desserts I see on the web.

There are some problems because English is not my native language and I see people in videos or photos with stuff I don't have in my kitchen (I'm barebones).

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    I'm really just wanting to go primal chef on desserts. I've been primal for 3 months and I don't crave normal meal foods, just the primal low-carb desserts I see on the web.

There are some problems because English is not my native language and I see people in videos or photos with stuff I don't have in my kitchen (I'm barebones).
    Feel free to ask if you have questions.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Is there something specific you want to make? It's easier to figure out supplies for a specific recipe than for an entire kitchen!
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

JPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Feel free to ask if you have questions.
    Hey Adriana, thanks, I think it would really help if some kind of master primal chef showed me pics of what I did have to order exactly (from Amazon UK or other UK site as I'm in Portugal, EU).

I think you've already mentioned a lot of stuff I need, I just don't have a visual connection with the words. I will need "molds" for cup cakes and muffins and stuff like that, and spatulas and the likes.

A food processor and a machine that beats the eggs and eggs whites (the kitchenaid?) are stuff I will also need. I then get obsessed in finding the best machine for the job (reading reviews on the web) and end up losing valuable time.

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Is there something specific you want to make? It's easier to figure out supplies for a specific recipe than for an entire kitchen!
    Hey Twibble, I'm really interested in doing chocolate cakes with frosting and cup cakes/muffins in the future as well. I'll probably more urgently need spatulas and cups for measurement and mixturing stuff and probably a food processor and one of those machines that mixture the eggs and wet ingredients automatically? Like this lady here:

Which is taken from the original recipe page here: http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/re..._Free_Cake.htm
    Last edited by JPA; 01-28-2011 at 02:13 PM.

The big Kitchenaid machine is a mixer. A cheap mixer will work for quite a while for your purposes.

You would need that (you can do it without, but it's a LOT of work), a cupcake pan (for cupcakes), a cake pan (size depends on the recipe), a set of measuring spoons (1/8 teaspoon through 1 tablespoon), a set of measuring cups (1/4 cup through 1 cup), and a spatula. If no one else beats me to it, I'll hunt them down on Amazon later if you are still needing help. Moving this weekend, a bit busy.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

This site has pretty good pištures and descriptions:
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...iw=981&bih=661

JPA
    Yes it does. Now I need to find where I can buy them, like Amazon UK or Ebay UK or any EU store. They have so much less selection than Amazon.com or ebay.com =(

You mean like here?

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast