Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad page

Kit Rivers is offline Senior Member

Sad

Shop Now
    I'm a bit sad tonight. I am sure I am loosing weight....I am certainly loosing inches, either that or my clothes are growing in the wardrobe overnight!

BUT I have been doing this for one week and I watched some friends scarf down some chocolate bars today and I realised that this is it, I will never be able to enjoy a doughnut again. Does this pass, do you finally not care? Or does one just have to console oneself with the thought that at least you are healthy.

Kit in NZ

Vozz is offline Senior Member
    why not? once you reach you desired body composition you can eat what ever you want.
    ( by then you should know what too much is)

don't forget about the 20% in the 80/20 concept.

now you don't have to be sad anymore
    We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

Starting Weight: 238 lb
    Current Weight: 224 lb
    Goal: 190-200 lb
    Height: 6'-0"

rkj1969 is offline Senior Member
    I, for one, never plan to eat that sort of thing ever again! It all looks really gross to me, now that I know how much better I feel without it.

The cravings will pass!!!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Firstly, no-one is saying you can never have a donut again. If you really really want one then have one occasionally, know that it is a crappy food decision that does only bad things for your body but enjoy it if you must and own it.
    Secondly, you do get to the stage where you just don't care. I could watch someone eat a whole box of donuts and all I'd be thinking about is the trans-fats and sugar and how bloody awful I'd feel later if I ate one. It's not a consolation, I simply have no desire to put that shit in my mouth.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I am much more selective about when and what I choose to indulge in, but I certainly still eat the occasional crazy bad food

After you are eating PB for a while, your tastes will change enough that you won't really want those foods the majority of the time. I was a total carb junky and after being primal for 5 months just said no to some homemade brownies yesterday without even thinking about it - just wasn't interested. However, when there is an occasion where I want to eat something like that I do it. No guilt. No problems. Just give it a little time, you'll find the balance that works for you.

It really is almost like having your cake and eating it too

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vozz View Post
    why not? once you reach you desired body composition you can eat what ever you want.
    ( by then you should know what too much is)

don't forget about the 20% in the 80/20 concept.
    I don't mean to offend, but I think you've kinda missed the whole point of the PB. This is not a diet that you give up once you've reached your "desired body composition." Firstly, how the hell do you expect to keep that composition if you just go back to eating shit? Secondly, we're in this to be healthier than the average misguided Joe on the street aren't we? That's why I'm here. How can you learn all about what the SAD does to your body and then plan to go back to it once you've lost weight?? That makes zero sense to me.

Also, read this...
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ng-(semi-rant)

as a reminder of what the 80/20 principle is supposed to be about.. Hint, it's not so you can plan to eat shit 20% of the time.

Kit Rivers is offline Senior Member
    Thanks folks. I really do want to loose weight, so I am being very good. Its good to know, however, that your tastes do finally change and you don't crave that stuff anymore. I have been a slave to cravings so I would be glad to see the back of them, but still........

its true, its your first week. over time, you will notice that you begin to look at food differently.
    donuts, most likely, just wont be appealing.
    neither will cake, I just think about the inevitable sugar crash and head ache when i see sweets.
    i would much rather just eat some nice meat.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    After you don't eat sugar for a while, if you do try to eat some it tastes really gross. Of course, you can always *train* yourself to like it again, but that's not a great idea.

It does pass. And when there is so, so much GOOD food in the world to eat, the idea of passing up a doughnut or a chocolate bar isn't that horrible. Doughnut or fresh picked strawberries? I'll take the strawberries every time.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I don't mean to offend, but I think you've kinda missed the whole point of the PB. This is not a diet that you give up once you've reached your "desired body composition." Firstly, how the hell do you expect to keep that composition if you just go back to eating shit? Secondly, we're in this to be healthier than the average misguided Joe on the street aren't we? That's why I'm here. How can you learn all about what the SAD does to your body and then plan to go back to it once you've lost weight?? That makes zero sense to me.

Also, read this...
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ng-(semi-rant)

as a reminder of what the 80/20 principle is supposed to be about.. Hint, it's not so you can plan to eat shit 20% of the time.
    i think you missed my point.
    i am saying that once you get there you can eat one if you want to. one donut is not going to kill you and make your gut explode over night.
    so if you are at a birthday party and you wanna take part in the social activity of eating the birthday cake, you can with out hating on your self and feeling guilt.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast