Thread: Is eating this much meat bad for you? page

bayf is offline Junior Member

Question Is eating this much meat bad for you?

Primal Fuel
    I stumbled upon this website a few weeks ago and have been reading information around the web and on the site. The idea of primal eating makes sence to me other then the amount of meat. I have read that eating alot of meat can be linked to disease and a shorter life span.
    << http://www.raw-food-health.net/Primal-Diet.html >>
    If there is already an explanation for this on the site that someone could direct me that would be great!

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    The best explanation is evolution.

TCOHTom is offline Senior Member
    You went to the wrong 'Raw Food' diet page:

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/

There you go....
    Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayf View Post
    I stumbled upon this website a few weeks ago and have been reading information around the web and on the site. The idea of primal eating makes sence to me other then the amount of meat. I have read that eating alot of meat can be linked to disease and a shorter life span.
    If there is already an explanation for this on the site that someone could direct me that would be great!
    Somebody correct if I'm wrong, but none of the studies that I've seen have made a differentiation between grass-fed, organic meat, conventionally-raised meat, and processed meats. None of them have actually had people STOP EATING GRAINS while they were eating the meat.

Heck, I can prove almost anything if you let me design the study how I want it.

The study they quote about the Seventh Day Adventist vegetarians with the longer life span? What cultural factors might be at play there? Epigenetics? If I really wanted to, I could extrapolate that their relationship with God makes them more blessed and that's why they live longer! I don't know enough about them to say much, but any specific group could have a number of factors that studies often don't take into account.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Mac
    Mac is offline Senior Member
    I am always amazed that people think eating meat and fat are bad. Last I checked, the vast majority of my body (besides water) is made from fat and protein. Plants are piss poor sources of fat and protein and what little glucose the body needs can be manufactured from said fat and protein. I am not understanding this whole aversion to eating animals thing. I am in the best shape of my life and I eat predominantly animal. How is it that despite having a clean bill of health with regards to all the disease risk factors we are harped on about by doctors they can still consider my diet unhealthy. Huh?

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayf View Post
    I would immediately discount anything I read on that site, since they don't even seem to understand the basics of Paleo eating or low carbohydrate nutrition.

Compare this quote from the article:
    Even though raw fruits and vegetables play a role in the paleo diet, because of the high intake of meat, there isn't much room for them.
    with the Primal Blueprint food pyramid:

Does this really look like an eating plan that is low in vegetables? Seriously...I eat a lot of vegetables.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    No dietary intervention studies I am aware of have linked the consumption of fresh (unprocessed) meat with any sort of disease. Check this out for a very well-articulated viewpoint on the problems with most studies. The study text said "nor was there any relationship between fresh meat consumption or poultry consumption and any type of stroke", yet since eating red and processed meat increased stroke incidence, suddenly red meat gives women stroke.

bayf is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thankyou for your replies everyone, just trying to sort some myths from fact.