Thread: Leangains for Women? page

Primalvore is offline Senior Member

Leangains for Women?

Primal Fuel
    Sorry if anyone has written about this before - I did a few searches and couldn't find anything

I'm interested in the principals of Leangains to strip the last layer of fat off of my stomach pooch (damn thing won't go away) and I'm wondering if any women on here really follow the Leangains principals.

If you do follow these principals - are you lifting really hard? I do bodyweight exercises and still get a great workout (ashtanga yoga, pilates machine, martial arts) but am not sure if you need to be pumping some serious iron in order to benefit from a Leangains approach. I'm looking to get long lean muscles rather than create a competition-style build.

Thanks to anyone for their input!

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
    ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
    My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
    Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

Leangains is just another way of spacing your meals. You don't have to do anything to benefit from it, other than fasting. Just do your 16/8, or 20/6, what have you...and go from there. Eat to support your goals, it's that simple.

P.S. Lifting weights won't get you in competition shape right away, TRUST me. Most of us wish it did.

Melody is offline Senior Member
    For real. Picking up heavy stuff will build the same muscles.

Primalvore is offline Senior Member
    It's not that I'm afraid of lifting, it's just that I don't necessarily want to haha. I've lifted over the years and just prefer doing the combination of different bodyweight exercises that I'm doing now. I did weight training in HS and for a short while was the only female member of the Powerlifting Club in college. I bulk up relatively quickly - losing weight is really difficult for me but gaining muscle isn't when I'm in a calorie surplus. I think it might be because my hormones are whacked - I have PCOS and have read on bodybuilding forums that other women with hormonal issues experience easier bulking.

Thank you both for your input! I'll just keep doing what I'm doing then (with the IF and all) and possibly add in some weights...oof

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
    ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
    My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
    Check out the Blog for Daily Progress