Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chocolate page

MyBodyMyTemple is offline Senior Member

Chocolate

I've been completely primal for 6 days now. Today was the first day I felt pretty hungry and then had a HUGE craving for dark chocolate. Well, a little dark chocolate is good for you but a lot of dark chocolate isn't. And I'm guessing since I had a big craving it's probably something I should give up for a while especially until I no longer have cravings. Any thoughts???

Anthony is offline Junior Member
    I've found that if I eat the dark, bitter (85%) chocolate, a little bit is all I can eat, and it satisfies any cravings (and I used to LOVE chocolate, especially the sweeter milk chocolates, so this was a big deal for me).

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Nothing wrong with some dark chocolate !

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Having gotten over carb cravings, i tend to respect any cravings I do have. Oh, I might crave a huge fast food burger. But actually having some good, pastured ground beef with lettuce, tomato, pastured sharp cheddar, and bacon is going to blow that craving away. I may think "a fresh baked bun would be nice with this." But it wouldn't be a big deal.

There is so much stuff in chocolate that who knows what your body might want.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Chocolate from Aldi comes in convenient pack within a pack. It helps to control howmuch you eat.

yestolife is offline Junior Member
    A few months prior to starting the primal/paleo diet I went on a chocolate rampage, often eating 4-5 bars of chocolate in a sitting. So, I am currently avoiding even dark chocolate , not wanting to trigger a binge. When I feel ready (ie the thought of chocolate does not provoke a major craving) I will try out some good dark chocolate.

Styrofoam Jones is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Chocolate from Aldi comes in convenient pack within a pack. It helps to control howmuch you eat.
    Yes, I love that chocolate. The packaging is helpful and convenient, a "serving" for me is usually half of one of the little bars. Quality stuff too.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    Since I try to avoid sugar and all sweeteners, I satisfy my chocolate cravings with unsweetened baking chocolate. It's almost impossible to overdo it, and the richness of the chocolate flavor is so satisfying.

MyBodyMyTemple is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for all the responses! I think chocolate that's already portioned in packaging is the ticket. Another question that is not related to chocolate... how long into primal living did it take before you weren't feeling hungry?

mummybeelee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBodyMyTemple View Post
    Another question that is not related to chocolate... how long into primal living did it take before you weren't feeling hungry?
    I haven't been doing primal very long (2 weeks in) but I haven't felt hungry since I started. If I feel hungry I eat a primal meal, making sure there is plenty of fat. I eat until satisfied and then stop. When I feel hungry again, I eat again. For me that is usually working out as 2 large meals a day or occasionally three meals or two meals and a snack.

If you feel hungry, try having bigger meals or add more fat to your meals?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast