Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your skin care routine? page

Rina is offline Member

What's your skin care routine?

I'm looking to simplify or make my skin care routine more "natural" without missing out on benefits the current formulas I use.

Does anyone still use SPF to prevent facial aging?

I use dry brush, do facial massage and exercises. I use ROC retinol formulas for night and their SPF daily retinol cream. Gentle cleanser to take off makeup. I guess I'm questioning whether my drugstore brands are worth it?

What do YOU use?

Thanks!
    Rina

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I don't wear makeup and use only water to wash my face most of the time. My skin is very healthy and clear and I get loads of compliments on my complexion, and with the increased fat intake with primal eating, the dry skin issues I used to have are pretty much gone (and I live in a very cold, dry part of Canada).
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    My routine is so basic. Gentle goat milk soap and water, and some coconut oil to moisturize. Occasionally a clay mask. Makeup is mineral makeup and minimal.

Yeah... that's basically it.

Tara is offline Senior Member
    I wash my face with a charcoal/lavender soap bar that I bought on Etsy, I moisturize with coconut oil. My skin has never been clearer and lately I have been getting all sorts of compliments (which I never got before, what a waste of money!)

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    My routine is so basic. Gentle goat milk soap and water, and some coconut oil to moisturize. Occasionally a clay mask. Makeup is mineral makeup and minimal.

Yeah... that's basically it.
    can you tell me about the clay mask!?!?!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    It's just french green clay (powder). Just mix with water to make a smooth paste and put it on. Once it's all hard and dry, rinse off. It makes your skin feel WONDERFUL.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Kiss my Face Olive & Aloe soap in the shower.
    Water the rest of the time.
    A bit of coconut oil or Dr. Hauschka's eye cream.

Windswept is offline Junior Member
    Cetaphil Gentle cleanser.
    Eucerin anti-redness night cream/day moisturizer with SPF.
    Mineral makeup.
    Join the Atlanta Primal/Paleo Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Paleo-Primal-Meetup/

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    It's just french green clay (powder). Just mix with water to make a smooth paste and put it on. Once it's all hard and dry, rinse off. It makes your skin feel WONDERFUL.
    You know what makes it twice as awesome (I swear!!)? Mix the green clay half and half with matcha (powdered green tea). It takes it to a whole new level of awesome I've found that some green clays have a way nicer texture and are easier to rinse off the face- the french green clays from Mountain Rose Herbs and from Garden of Wisdom are the best I've found (they're both illite/sea clay).

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey Rina! I'm kind of a skin care slut I've tried a lot of natural brands (high and low end) and here's what I use:

For SPF, I use Devita's Solar Protective Moisturizer, which is a totally natural zinc based gel cream with a great texture. I'm not obsessive about SPF, but I have freckly skin that can get uneven if I get too much sun and I also use a retinol cream (302 Clarity) a few x's/week.

To wash, I use Red Flower Pytopower Sea cleanser, which is my favorite cleanser of all time and I also use their omega berry oil serum as my moisturizer. These two products have helped my skin tremendously- it looks better hydrated and has better tone. I also like to oil cleanse with castor oil maybe twice/week. I mix pearl pwd. into it to make a scrub.

I just ordered a retinoic acid peel (Apeel Correct) from Perfect Complexion, so I'm looking forward to using it and doing a deep peel. I also use dermaroller (MTS Roller) to induce collagen. I usually use a .50 mm roller once/week (I also have a 1.00 and a 1.50 mm. roller).

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast