Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Few Days and I'm Finding It's Hard To Get Enough Calories page

who
    who is offline Member

My First Few Days and I'm Finding It's Hard To Get Enough Calories

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm not really complaining; I find it remarkable.

Although I am trying to GAIN muscle and lose fat (~10% currently), overall gaining weight. So it's a minor issue.

Today I ate a dozen eggs (yes, a dozen. As per Mark's reccomendations on building muscle) which equals 870 cals.
    Then I had maybe 1/4C coconut cream and a big handful of nuts. I literally can't eat anymore; I'm full.

I'm under 2000 cals for sure. That means weight loss (I'm an active 19 year old male). Not exactly my intention.

Am I the only one encountering this "problem"?
    Last edited by who; 01-26-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Soil To Sustenance is offline Senior Member
    I am also trying to gain weight and lose fat. I find it amazing that you (or anyone) can eat that many eggs. I usually eat 2-3 for breakfast, but sometimes have to switch up my breakfast the next day as the thought of them makes me ill (not literally).

What else are you eating? Seems like more variety would be a big help.

who
    who is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soil To Sustenance View Post
    I am also trying to gain weight and lose fat. I find it amazing that you (or anyone) can eat that many eggs. I usually eat 2-3 for breakfast, but sometimes have to switch up my breakfast the next day as the thought of them makes me ill (not literally).

What else are you eating? Seems like more variety would be a big help.
    Yeah this was my first day with a dozen eggs. I have like 60 eggs in my fridge and thought I might as well start eating them before my family members give me weird looks, ha. It was kinda gross eating 12 and probably unsustainable in the long-term.
    I also ate mixed vegetables and some heavy cream in my coffee. That's it.

truthclimb is offline Junior Member
    You only ate three different foods in one day? You're definitely lacking variety and missing out on a lot of good stuff that eating primal offers. You have a ton of meats, fish, poultry, fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats to choose from. To me, a dozen eggs a day seems a bit overkill. How about 3 eggs and a couple strips of bacon? Or make an omelet for breakfast with eggs, bacon, celery, green pepper, and spinach. As I get more into primal eating I'm finding the possibilities are endless as far as what types of meals you can think up. Be creative.

who
    who is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by truthclimb View Post
    You only ate three different foods in one day? You're definitely lacking variety and missing out on a lot of good stuff that eating primal offers. You have a ton of meats, fish, poultry, fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats to choose from. To me, a dozen eggs a day seems a bit overkill. How about 3 eggs and a couple strips of bacon? Or make an omelet for breakfast with eggs, bacon, celery, green pepper, and spinach. As I get more into primal eating I'm finding the possibilities are endless as far as what types of meals you can think up. Be creative.
    If you looked at my weekly meals, you'd see variety. For example yesterday I ate a lot of bacon. Some days, like today, it's pretty monotonous. Time is of the essence and I often look for some quick primal food.

Edit: And the vegetables were mixed vegetables, if that helps. So to summarize, I had: coconut cream, heavy cream, eggs, almonds and mixed vegetables.

Edit2: and I think you're right about the eggs. BORING!

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Variety is good but I do feel eating a few foods only whilst losing fat can be beneficial. Its not going to be forever.

Maybe having some jerky or pemmican handy would be good (something to grab and go).

who
    who is offline Member
    Thanks for the suggestions, all!
    Truth be told my first priority is to lose my fixation with food. My second priority is to be healthy. My third priority is pure vanity - gaining muscle, losing fat. I should probably take these in step, rather than trying to do it all at once (that will probably happen on its on, actually).
    So I'm not too worried about this, you know what I'm saying?

@who - good attitude. I absolutely love food now, and enjoy eating until I am full. Wasn't always the case (too worried about trying to gain weight when I was in my teens/twenties).

who
    who is offline Member
    Thanks for the encouragment S to S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast