Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I stop having colds all the time? page

radioplastic is offline Junior Member

How do I stop having colds all the time?

Shop Now
    Hello,

Its winter here and I've had like 3 episodes of cold with running nose and headaches and feeling pretty bad for a few days in the last 2 months. I think it's also due to my kind of promiscuous lifestyle (I think I got the cold 2 days after kissing a girl everytime).

I eat 100% primal/paleo with no dairy. I take vitamin d and mutli vitamins everyday. I take fish oil supplements too. I might not have the perfect balance of meat / vedgetables / fruits but I eat them every meal.

What can I do to stop getting colds!!!

theholla is offline Senior Member
    First, are you getting enough D? Do you know if you're deficient? Supplementing D seems to be doing wonders for my immune system this winter (knock on wood...)

Also, how is your sleep? Sleep deprivation can have a huge impact on immune function.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

ScurvyDog is offline Member
    You catch cold from germs and viruses. Wash your hand and don't pick you boggers. That will help more than any vitamins or dietary change.

Suzan is offline Senior Member
    Lots of Vitamin D. I'm not going to tell you how much to take. Have a simple blood test done to measure your level first. My level was very low. I take 10,000 iu's per day and have done so for a while now. I haven't had a cold in years.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    I second the recommendations to check your 25(OH)D level. More specfiically via LabCorp or ZRT. Just as an aside: 10,000 IU is far too much for most people over the long term and thankfully even Davis is coming around on this point.

How is your zinc intake? Which multi are you using? Zinc lozenges are great to take at the first sign of a cold and if formulated properly (ie no zinc gluconate form preferred, no citric acid) appear to stop the replication of the virus in the back of the throat.

I have a D doc that may be helpful in my links below. Also assess vitamin A intake.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    PROBIOTICS. A large part of your immune system starts right here. I supplement and can't recall the last time I was sick (besides a bad case of sunstroke.)

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    You know what helped me (and I was already doing probiotics, D3, diet, everything)? Colostrum caps. I haven't been sick since I started it back in Nov. and it helped me years ago when I was getting sick every three weeks no matter what I did. Colostrum has a lot of health benefits
    This season has been esp. bad, as far as people getting sick. I have friends who NEVER get sick who have gotten sick repeatedly and I have other friends who have gotten sick and stayed sick for a month.

MonkeyGuy is offline Member
    DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

Last year, I started getting colds every other month, all year, including the summer. This was very odd since I didn't used to get sick that much. I FINALLY figured out what was going on. I used to swim at noon twice per week. I stopped doing that, and I wasn't taking any vitamin D. So I started taking about 4,000 I.U.'s a day in October. It's only been a few months but I've been healthy as a horse since! Vitamin D I'm sure is the reason. Good luck!
    http://healthymindfitbody.com
    "Achieve your perfect weight through the mind-body connection!"

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    PROBIOTICS. A large part of your immune system starts right here. I supplement and can't recall the last time I was sick (besides a bad case of sunstroke.)
    What did you do for sunstroke?

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Make sure you're getting enough sleep?

Kiss healthier girls?

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast