Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Journal (a2hg13) You can do it! page

a2hg13 is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

So I went primal for about 3 weeks, lost like 8 pounds, then went on a large binging streak for the next two weeks. I'm back to ground zero, I know eating primal works for me to lose weight, and I'm committing myself to it.

For the next 18 days (until my college fall break) I will eat 95% primal, with carbs only from vegetables and a few fruits. I will work on getting enough fats and remembering to take my fish oil. Most importantly, I will not give in to crappy foods because they don't make me feel good and end up causing an avalanche of bad eating.

Grok on!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Cool! Then when your fall break comes, you can say, "Well, I made it this far. Let's try another day." And another. And another. And before you know it, you'll have been primal for a month, and then two, and then three, and it will be glorious.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Thanks Primal Child! I really appreciate the support, although I had a bad first day of primalness.

I was not going to write about how poorly I ate today, but I think it's important for me to be accountable to someone, even if it's just myself.

Breakfast: woke up late, drank some protein mix in water

Lunch: Cobb salad with turkey, bacon, and egg. Put in some good EVOO and a mini apple.

Dinner: Chicken breast, spinach, cucumber, sunflower seeds. I was full, but still went back and got some tuna and 2 slices of cheese and a few raisins. I need to work on NOT getting more food when my friends go back and get seconds. Maybe start bringing gum to dinner?

Then I really went downhill. After studying and stressing myself out, I went to get a 70% dark chocolate bar. No more of these, since this triggered me into eating 3 more candy bars that I spent my precious laundry money on to buy from a vending machine. I have a test on Thurs and I always get bingey around test time. This is a baaaad habit that I need to break! Tomorrow I am going to have a late dinner and then not eat after at all. I will be primal for the next 17 days! and I will not let excuses like my cold or the horrible weather detour me from eating well and getting exercise!

Grok on.

Also, next time I am going to write on here when I feel bingey. I think it will help.

OK day 2. after putting my data info fitday, I did pretty well, even with my 2 "splurges" (chocolate covered goji berries and a small apple). Only 78 carbs, and 50% fat, 31% protein. I will work on lowing my carbs, but I got really sleepy in the middle of the day and needed to study, so I ate the chocolate gojis...

No more eating for tonight. Promise myself.

Also, I love my netti pot.

Did well today. Ate very primally, plus an apple. I can tell I am going to get tired of chicken sooooon. And I wasn't tired like yesterday.

Need to get my butt to the gym.

Exercising really does help a cold. Went to aerobics today (not exactly primal, but I count it as "play" because it puts me in an awesome mood) and felt much better after. I also think my shoulder needs to be moved around more, meaning I need to exercise it mucho.

I'm also thinking of adding red meat to my diet. Partly because of PB partly because I am going to Costa Rica this Jan-May and I don't want to be a burden. I'm not really sure how to do this, since it makes me sick. Probably small amount at a time, I just have to make myself eat some.

Good for you! You're doing rather well. I can only imagine how hard it can be when you are in college and try to eat well.

I didn't finish college because I ate mental institution food (we shared a cafeteria and food-service with them, yeah, awesome huh?!) and let me tell you, there is a reason the mentally ill do not get any better!! I got stressed out, got servere hives on my face and then I packed it up and went home. :-(

Definately try to integrate red meat. It's very nutritious and satisfying. Also, try to 'up' your fats, they do help stave off the cravings.

Hang in there, it's 'doable' ;-)

Costa Rica? That's cool!

Eating primal at college is very doable. It's easier when I don't eat any carbs, other wise I get super sleepy after a meal. Which kind of concerns me, since in two weeks I am going to KY and I know I will be eating a lot of beans and rice. Hopefully I don't go comatose. I got super tired after dinner ( I was totally awake before hand) after eating a big salad with a chicken breast. After a IF Sunday and eating only eggs and tuna before dinner, I was surprised how the carbs in a salad could make me feel so sleepy. Maybe it was something else, but who knows.

I weighed in today at 181. Hopefully this number will rapidly decline. On the plus side, my energy is good, even when fasting, and I feel generally happy. Those are super important. But the main question is, how much weight can I lose in 99 days. (Departure for Costa Riccca). I bought a ticket tonight. Feels awesome.

did soooo bad yesterday. back on track now. IF until din.

ok. I neeeeeed to get back on my primal plan. It was working so well, but I am so good at making excuses for why I am allowed to eat one little non-primal thing, which opens the flood gates for bad eating. short term goal: next 20 days--> exercise everyday (give myself the day off before my 2 exams). 100% primal eating. (with minimal alcohol). 2 IF per week. Saturday-Tuesday or Thursday/Sunday. I promise myself that I will do this for 20 days. I also need to write on here for the next 20 days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast