Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why haven't I tried this before?? page

alireb is offline Member

Why haven't I tried this before??

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just made the bacon, chicken and avocado salad that Mark posted on the blog a while back.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/bacon...avocado-salad/

Um, why did I not know that skinless chicken thighs cooked in bacon fat are the most amazing thing ever? Why have I never cooked with bacon fat before?? I'm in love and not just with bacon (which I already love), but cooking in bacon fat. I had no idea it was this good. Time to start saving mine to cook with...

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I've been saving mine in a jar in the freezer. I should thaw it out and use it.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    I can't save bacon grease, I never eat bacon alone, and use up all the bacon grease in the process. Usually it's scrambled eggs or brussels sprouts, but really anything I'm eating with it I just add some bacon flavor.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I cook a whole thing of bacon on my Foreman or on a rack on a cookie sheet in the oven, then drain the grease into the jar. Hmmm...I need to make more bacon!
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i have forgotten how to cook without using bacon fat. welcome to paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaReina View Post
    I can't save bacon grease, I never eat bacon alone, and use up all the bacon grease in the process. Usually it's scrambled eggs or brussels sprouts, but really anything I'm eating with it I just add some bacon flavor.
    i had this problem for a while, so i started buying extra bacon and cooking up a big batch of bacon bits (a small handful of which make an unbelievable snack in a pinch) just so i could save the fat in a jar for when i need it.

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaReina View Post
    Yeah, that changes once you start cooking bacon by the package and storing it for other uses. I actually had to toss bacon grease yesterday because my grease jar was full.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Do you live in the SF Bay Area? Wanna send it to me?

lolov is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    Yeah, that changes once you start cooking bacon by the package and storing it for other uses. I actually had to toss bacon grease yesterday because my grease jar was full.
    You need a bigger jar!!! ;-) (before I got my ginormous mason jar for bg, I'd give the dogs the bg if I didn't have space for it... lots o'doggy love!)

CoachSandee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    I actually had to toss bacon grease yesterday because my grease jar was full.
    Blasphemy! Get another jar

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Haha...I made some cod chowder the other day. The recipe called for frying up bacon, cooking up the leeks in the grease, and then adding the bacon back at the end. By the time the soup was finished, I'd already eaten all the bacon
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast