Thread: Undetectable Cortisol Levels? page

scubasam is offline Senior Member

Undetectable Cortisol Levels?

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone have any experience with this? My doc says she has never seen a <0.1 on a cortisol test before so she thinks the lab made a mistake. We are repeating the test to make sure, but does anyone here have experience with very low cortisol levels/adrenal failure?

Can anything natural be done to get them working properly again?

Thanks!

Bumping just in case anyone who didn't view yesterday has some info/experience to share.

Thanks

Italapas is offline Junior Member
    I'd have to dig to find my initial test. It wasn't as low as yours, but it was pretty darned flat-lined. I've been taking adrenal supplements (not as much as I could--I'm still breastfeeding my daughter). They've helped, definitely. I've been TRYING to get enough sleep. REALLY trying. I've just started taking 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt in water first thing in the morning. Um...exercise but not strenuous exercise. It's been some while, but I AM finally feeling somewhat better. Still quite tired more than I should be, but I don't end the day feeling like I've been hit by a Mack truck nearly as often. I'm sure there are others with more experience/recommendations out there, but it in my experience, it does get better. It just takes time.

PrimalCon New York
    Thanks. What sorts of supplements are you taking for the adrenal failure? My doc told me I would have to go for an adrenal stimulus test and if I responded, I would need steroids which can blow me up, so I am really concerned.

I will go tomorrow to redo the test and get the results next week.