Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Chicken Salad?

Primal Chicken Salad?

Shop Now
    Hello All,

Does anyone have a recipe or a link for a Primal High Protein Chicken salad?

Um, diced chicken, homemade mayo (or find stuff without refined seed oils), and a couple tablespoons of celery? That's chicken salad to me.

Any tips for the homemade mayo?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoreo View Post
    Any tips for the homemade mayo?
    Look up baconaise.

If you can tolerate your chicken salad being green I like to make a avocado mayo. One of these days I should write down what I put in it but it varies a lot. Sometimes I start with guacamole, which works well for a meat salad but can be spicy for some mayo uses (what is wrong with spicy?). Avocado, salt, a splash of vinegar (if I start with guac it is lime juice). Always a dash of cayenne pepper (even if you do not want spicy a small amount of cayenne helps you taste the salt with less salt. I put a dash of cayenne in everything). If I am really going for more of a mayo taste I add a hardboiled egg yolk. Not too much or it can dry it out. If I really want creamy I work the whole thing in a food processor.

The flavor is not going to be mayo...but it is yummy and creamy. But it doesnt last very long.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Awesome, thank you

Guess what I am eating right now...you started a craving. Today my chicken salad has chicken, avocado mashed with salt, lime juice, & cayenne, celery, pine nuts and a little minced red bell pepper for color.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

red pepper: color and a ton of Vitamin C!

Shop Now
    i forgot....mustard. powdered or prepared gives avomayo the tang. I forgot it today and I missed it.