Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Second Most Common CW Bullplop... (Sorta Ranty) page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Cool The Second Most Common CW Bullplop... (Sorta Ranty)

Shop Now
    "It's all about portion control. Eat less and move more. It's that easy."

If only...

I tend to go with the old "You're body is not a bank, for which withdraws and deposits of calories happen on a daily basis. You're body is a chemistry set for which each and every chemical does something different will produce different results."

The idea of "eat less, move more" sounds good and has good intentions... but it's just a lie. A good friend of mine went on Weight Watchers and started doing cardio at YMCA. Bless her, she's done great and stuck with it. A year later she has lost 42 lbs (which included getting little stickers and prizes from WW). She worked her ass off and starved her self (and she's still got quite bit to go...)

As much as I'd like to say I worked out... I never did... not once. I lift heavy stuff at work and around the house here and there but that's it aside from my usual walking about the work place and having out with friends and such. I never starved myself. I ate ate ate ate ate ate ate. All the time. And I lost nearly 80 lbs.

Her response, "Men are different than women when it comes to losing weight... and talk to me when you've had a heart attack from all that bacon." She takes a slow drag on her fourth apple (because fruit carry no WW points now) and smiles.

My mouth waters at the idea of bacon for breakfast... for which it never did when I had eggo or toast before BP. She can have her bagel covered in no fat cream with peaches on top.

It's almost a year since I went PB and I would never EVER think about giving it up.

Rant over. :-)
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 222lbs / 25.2%BF | New Goal: 20% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    I hear ya. I got to listen to the "If you just trim calories, so you're burning more than you're eating, you'll lose weight no problem" etc the other day at work. I just smiled and nodded, and thought how lucky am I to be doing what I'm doing. I *know* I'm losing weight, I can feel it, my clothes fit better, and its no effort on my part at this point.

It a way it feels as if we are a part of some secret knowledge...

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Gooooood. I can feeeeel your angerrrr.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    well, truth is, it does work.

on PB, i actually eat less (volumn) and move about the same (more than most people), and feel great.

and, honestly, i don't eat a lot of calories (if fitday is at all correct) -- anywhere between 1400 and 1800 depending upon the day. and that's about 60% fat, 20% protein, 20% carb. while WW would frown upon it, it's actually right in line with CW. I am "eating less" and "moving more."

lol, it's just what i'm eating and how i'm moving that is different.

chowza is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Exactly--because you're not forcing yourself to do either of those things. They just kind of happen.
    Check out my blog here.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    yes but the idea of "eat less, move more" to many means "4 slices of pizza instead of 6... and i'll take the stairs once in a while instead of the elevator"... that's not going to bring any changes of worth and such lack of results will only make people return to they old ways.

it should be "eat MORE of the correct foods, move MORE but not cardio cos that's a waste of time"

john_solo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Gooooood. I can feeeeel your angerrrr.
    That should be two 'Goooooood' please. Come on, Grumpy.

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like the biggest loser premise. Eat less and exercise for 8 hours. It is such a vicious hamster wheel. You are working your body to death and not feeding it the essential nutrients it needs. It was a hard lesson for me to learn that this method is in no way sustainable. God help us all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast