Thread: My damaged hamstring stopped aching after 8 years. page

walkingbird is offline Member

Red face My damaged hamstring stopped aching after 8 years.

Primal Fuel
    So, this is not exactly a success story, rather just an instance of success, and a liberating one too. I used to suffer from chronic pain in my left hamstring that felt like it was due to ongoing inflammation from an old injury. I have been eating primal for three weeks now, and guess what? The pain is gone! I noticed it today and blogged about it.

http://ancestralfire.wordpress.com/2...ged-hamstring/

Yay, no pain!

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    I've had similar experience with a chronic achilles problem. I still notice it but not one single flare since going primal. That alone would be worth it.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

bokbadok is offline Senior Member
    That's a remarkable and wonderful experience! Congratulations!

gunn parker is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if this is just coincidence but last week I had to stop my running training because of a very painful right hip flexor, but this week after sticking more closely to the primal plan I was able to go out and sprint on Tuesday night pain free.
    Who knows?

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I really put my achilles to the test yesterday. I ran tuesday afternoon and then had tap class (which is kind of brutal on the achilles). Then I did a double yesterday. 5.6 miles in the morning with striders (very short intense sprints) and then 5 more miles in the afternoon.

No achilles pain this morning. Guess I am officially a PBdiet convert (clearly not giving up on all my cardio though--I have marathons to run!)
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7