Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you for not grasping the concept page

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

Thank you for not grasping the concept

I went to Taco Villa (similar to Taco Hell/ Taco no Bueno, except better and uses real food.) I always get their grilled chicken salad without the shell. I open up the box when I got it back to the office to liberally apply salsa and pico de gallo as dressing to find that someone missed the concept. Not only had they put it in a shell,they had put shell shards in the salad. WTF?!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Beastman is offline Senior Member
    Taco shell make grok angry! go back and make the clerk eat it.

Said employee would likely enjoy it. Besides, for all I know, my English "No taco shell" translated into a West Texas Spanish "more shell, please." I must study this linguistic anomaly further.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i had that problem in africa. "no cheese" meant "extra cheese" and "no meat" meant "fish" and "no fish" meant "chicken" and so on. LOL

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I have a favorite local place where I treat myself to a taco sald once in awhile. They always look at me kind of funny when I ask them to hold the shell. And then I have to watch them like a hawk so they don't automatically put a huge scoop of rice on it and then the shell shreds on the top! Also, their dressing is some kind of sweet chipotle stuff, so I also have them hold the dressing and give me extra salsa to use instead.

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Hahahaha...two days ago I ordered a Caesar salad with grilled shrimp, hold the croutons. The thing they gave me must have been 50% croutons!

So, I think this linguistic anomaly may not be limited to West Texas Spanish...
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Usually, aside from an odd look, they're pretty good abt following directions and keeping it right. Come to think of it, I've had this issue before, in Kentucky. I asked for "Texas Chili." I got tomato soup with a couple lumps of ground beast drowning in it. Granted I did order it in KY, from a Waffle House, at 3 in the morning.... What? Why are you staring at me like that? I was 10, I didn't know any better.
    My Primal Battle Tome

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Learn to speak Kitchen Spanish it will serve you well especially if you live in the Southwestern US. It will help greatly with ordering food as well as other stuff that you wouldn't expect until you use it. You will get treated better (shocking isn't it?) by those that have limited English speaking abilities.

Honey, I grew up where the barrio meets the ghetto. I speak Spanish fairly well. Not fluently, but well enough to get mi punta a travez en la cocina.
    My Primal Battle Tome

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Honey, I grew up where the barrio meets the ghetto. I speak Spanish fairly well. Not fluently, but well enough to get mi punta a travez en la cocina.
    obviously not well enough to get your order done properly?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast