Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Give UP! (My co-workers rejoice over Taco Bell news) page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

I Give UP! (My co-workers rejoice over Taco Bell news)

Primal Fuel
    After 11 months of PB I am throwing in the towel for good...

Not the PB diet, of course... dear glob NO! I will never stop groking it up!

I am throwing in the towel when it comes to ever disagreeing with something about CW views. It gets me frusterated and talking to them is like talking to a brick wall... I realized this today...

The news has been buzzing about Taco Bell's meat not being more than around 30% actual beef. I expected people to react like this, "Eww... gross... what it is then?"

This is the reaction I was actually met with.

"Well this is a good thing! That's why the new drive thru diet is so good for you because it's not all meat. No wonder it tastes so good; it's healthy!"

I said some choice things... the responce, "Yeah but I'm glad they are using soy and other chemicals, which are of course fit for human consumption, to replace the fatty horribly unhealthy beef. I hope more places follow their example and do this... maybe even one day all places will have soybergers."

So I realize today how much I perfer eat my bacon and eggs and fatty delicious meat while staying healthy and fit whilst they think I am dying of heart attacks and high cholesteral when in fact I'm thriving and extending years to my life. More power to you babes!

I'll stick with my bacon, quietly, in the corner...
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    I feel your pain THP; isn't it amazing the crap that spews out of people's mouths sometimes. I guess CW was right about one thing "You are what you eat."
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventure8410 View Post
    I feel your pain THP; isn't it amazing the crap that spews out of people's mouths sometimes. I guess CW was right about one thing "You are what you eat."
    I was sure the headline "Taco Bell's meat isn't really meat" would have produced a negative reaction... wow... surprised me...
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yeah, it's a bit bizarre. but, i never converse about these things anyway.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i hit that point a few months ago with some family and friends, then with everyone else at a christmas party where people were justifying all these reasons to eat crap because of some added ingredient considered by CW to be healthy, and someone kept telling me that fasting was unhealthy.
    now i only give out information to people who need something cleared up, or are really looking for a way to be healthier/lose weight. otherwise i shrug my shoulders and order a huge steak with extra butter.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    And to think that in the movie Demolition Man, all food is Taco Bell. I guess in the future, "not all meat" is greeted with adoration. I will still hide in the wilderness looking for a deer to kill.
    Georgette

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    "well this is a good thing! That's why the new drive thru diet is so good for you because it's not all meat. No wonder it tastes so good; it's healthy!"

"yeah but i'm glad they are using soy and other chemicals, which are of course fit for human consumption, to replace the fatty horribly unhealthy beef. I hope more places follow their example and do this... Maybe even one day all places will have soybergers."
    *thud*
    SW: 235
    CW:220
    Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
    Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
    Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
    Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Melantha is offline Senior Member
    Wait... aren't inmates suing the state of Illinois for this same treatment (cutting meat with soy to lower costs)? And people will PAY for this now? I guess all that prison "meat" had to go somewhere...

Someguy is offline Member
    "Well this is a good thing! That's why the new drive thru diet is so good for you because it's not all meat. No wonder it tastes so good; it's healthy!"

I said some choice things... the responce, "Yeah but I'm glad they are using soy and other chemicals, which are of course fit for human consumption, to replace the fatty horribly unhealthy beef. I hope more places follow their example and do this... maybe even one day all places will have soybergers."
    How....................Why.......................W hen............................

Wow, I don't even know how to respond to that.
    Without music life would be a mistake.

bwr827 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    And to think that in the movie Demolition Man, all food is Taco Bell. I guess in the future, "not all meat" is greeted with adoration. I will still hide in the wilderness looking for a deer to kill.
    [Movie nerd]: in Demolition Man, all of the restaurants are Taco Bells, a result of the restaurant wars.

But yes, a glorious future awaits!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast