Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 year old weight gain! page

Mandolin is offline Senior Member

5 year old weight gain!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My son has always been my little runt. It seems like he's been 38.2lbs for over a year. Before Christmas I weighed him--38.2. Since then, he's been about 80% primal, and I weighed him last night, and he's 43.6lbs! He does love his omelets in coconut oil Just thought I'd share. My baby's growing up...*tear*.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    awwww....he'll be downing 36oz steaks before you know it

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Start building a savings account for food! That's what everyone keeps telling me... and I fear I'm going to need one with both ds and dd. ds is still nursing 7-9x/day + eating solids @ 10mths and dd has DH's metabolism - the kid can put away food and not gain a lb! I can't imagine what our food bill will be when they're teenagers (hopefully by then my whole family will be primal)

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I was scared to open this thinking it would be about how to stop your 5 year old from gaining weight. Thank goodness I was wrong.

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    Awesome! My 4.5 year old is a tiny thing too, and she so wants to be in a booster seat. She only weighs about 34lbs right now, so she has a way to go.
    SW: 235
    CW:220
    Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
    Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
    Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
    Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I was scared to open this thinking it would be about how to stop your 5 year old from gaining weight. Thank goodness I was wrong.
    As a former "fat kid," I would never ask such a question. Of course, the answer for my parents would have been, "Stop letting her hang out at the business all day!" (They owned a bakery/farm market/catering business for years--can we say "Time to eat the donuts?")

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    wow. my son is 2.5 and weighs 38 lbs. i mean, i knew he was a big (tall, well muscled, thin/fit) kid, but i didn't realize that he is bigger than 5 yr olds. LOL

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    My downstairs neighbor's child is being raised as a strict vegetarian and she is already, at 3 and 1/2, having all of the attendant problems including behavioral and weight. She is quite the little pudgster. To top it off, she is never allowed to play in the snow which is topping 3 feet on the ground here in Boston. I would have dove out the window at that age if my parents tried to keep me inside. So sad.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    My son is a beast... at 3 he's 40 pounds and can house beef with the best of them.

Wowza, you some of you guys have football player 2-3 year olds!

Shijin13~$$ is already an issue. I can't believe how much 2 kids can eat, and they're only 5 & 7 :/

IvyBlue~There are many parents around here that won't let their kids play in the snow either...wtf? My kids stay out until I drag them in--frozen toes and all! As for the vegetarian thing, the more I read about fats the more it saddens me to see veggie kids Their bodies need fat, not grains and tofu!

Speaking of fats, one of my son's favorite new treats: chewing his omega-3 and cod liver oil supplements. Blech. He loves them, though, so c'est la vie.
    Results Pics:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast