Thread: Am I being ridiculous? page

Maurabela is offline Member

Am I being ridiculous?

Hi all,

I was in a rush this morning and forgot to take my vitamins before leaving. I'm usually religious about taking my Magnesium and D-3 because I'm a migraine sufferer (despite being primal...) and since I've been strict about taking these two, I haven't had any migraines. I'm thinking about running to CVS on my lunch and buying some. Is that really necessary, or am I ok to wait until I get home at 5:30p?

Thanks for your input!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I'd experiment, don’t buy anything, wait until you get home. If you get a migraine, you know for next time that you need that specific dosage at a particular time, if not, then you know you just need the presence of the vitamins but exact times aren’t necessary.

I’d say if you’ve been taking them a while your body should have enough to hold out a few hours, if indeed taking those vits are the reason you don’t get migraines anymore.

Newtoitall is offline Member
    Hi I was told that its better to take vitamins around teatime as they work better then..cant remember where I read it or why but I take mine then so thats okay! HTH..love Dee xx

labbygail is offline Senior Member
    Vitamin D is stored in the body's fat tissues, so your levels won't drop in that short of a time frame. You can double up on it tomorrow and it's basically the same thing.
    Magnesium, on the other hand, is water-soluble and is excreted from your body. If you get a migraine, it's because you skipped the magnesium, not the Vitamin D.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i don't think you need to run out and get more. it would be interesting to see how your body does without them, and it's probably a good idea to change things up a bit.
    you could pick some up, and just have them on hand if you need them...keep them at work for next time, and just relax in knowing that at some point today you'll be taking what you need.