Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Incorrect claim about Olive Oil in PB? page 2

maranne is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Sorry for hijacking the thread but since we cannot send pms....for PROPHECY..Ich bin eine Wienerin, die in England lebt und bald nach Linz zieht. Und du?

M

brahnamin is offline Senior Member

Sorry if agreeing with you proved confusing. I thought the link might prove useful precisely because it corroborated your opinion.

When I believe something to be true but am not sure if I am correct in that belief I generally go looking for evidence to either support my belief or disprove it. The link I provided supported your belief (for the most part).

Perhaps you were expecting everyone to jump in and defend Mark's position? I actually agree with some of the others that overheating olive oil can alter the taste. But there's not much point in highlighting that belief when you've already decided that you can't taste a difference.

Personally, when I'm cooking with high heat I use grapeseed oil for the cooking and add a really good olive oil [I like Uniq brand, made exclusively from Spanish Arbequinas] as soon as I take the food off the heat. But that is a matter of personal taste, so I didn't figure it had much bearing on a discussion that highlighted the science.

erik.cisler is offline Junior Member

I used to use grapeseed oil, but I've since abandoned it due to all the omega-6 PUFAs. I usually just stick to stable saturated fats for high temp cooking.

Ecala is offline Junior Member

"Understand now? if english is not your first language then use a dictionary."

Wow. English doesn't sound like YOUR first language nor does appear that it includes manners.

@ Eric - Thanks for the tip. I am a total foodie, but the primal thing is a bit new to me. The immediate effect that dropping grains had on my blood sugar has got me taking a closer look.

@ Ecala - Yeah, I wouldn't expect manners from this one. Some people seem to think that internet forums exist only for confrontation. He got several helpful answers from at least two different points of view and decided to whine about all of them.

At this point I think only Mark can speak for what Mark published. Nothing anyone else says will be good enough for him.

tman Guest

Hey-can't we all just use butter and get along?

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Science education has been known to promote, in some cases, severe social handicaps in people. Or was it a bad sex life? I am not sure...

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Wait. A bad sex life isn't a severe social handicap?

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

I meant bad sex life as a cause.

It would appear that science education has made me linguistically handicapped.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Shine is offline Member

Oo, is this our first popcorn-worthy thread? (As in, grab a bucket of popcorn and watch the drama unfold.) English skills are being criticized, surely the grammar police are on their way!

Just kidding; I really think that this (so far) has been a unique forum in that the majority of posters are genuinely trying to share knowledge versus engage in flame wars. Or maybe I have just trolled too many childish forums in the past.

On topic, however, olive does smoke for me sometimes at really high heat (I generally prefer to sauté and fry things with coconut oil). Am I just doing something wrong? Plus I agree that the flavor of olive oil is severly compromised when heated. I much prefer to put olive oil on my veggies after steaming them to get the full flavor.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast