Thread: I love the primal blueprint! page

Shimshon is offline Junior Member

I love the primal blueprint!

Primal Fuel
    I woke up a few months ago and put new batteries in my fancy body fat calculating bathroom scale. I bought it a few years ago because my wife wanted one, and it had been out of service for some time. When I fired that bad boy up, I weighed in at 281.1 pounds. I was buying XXXL shirts and 46 inch waistlines were getting snug. That happened to be the same day I picked up the Primal Blueprint Cookbook.

I set a goal to get to 225 by Valentine's day. This morning am under 230 for the first time since high school (graduated in 1998). I'm at 229.2, just 4.2 pounds to go and I will hit my original goal.

I'm planning to see my doctor for a physical and body fat analysis, which i will use to set my next goal (probably around 205, based on my estimations of lean mass, 6 feet tall, used fat % from insurance assessment in november).

My wife asked a while ago, "so when are you going to reintroduce bread, etc.?" Simple answer: never.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic success!

I'm also continually dealing with the question of "when are you going to start eating normally again?" which is a stupid question because now I AM eating normally after a lifetime of not eating enough real food.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimshon View Post
    My wife asked a while ago, "so when are you going to reintroduce bread, etc.?" Simple answer: never.
    Congratulations on your success!

What was your wife's response to "Never"?
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Shimshon is offline Junior Member
    My wife tried going primal for about a week (and lost 6 pounds). She is reluctant to dismiss convential wisdom and thinks I'm gonna have a heart attack.

She's slowly changing her mind now. Her doctor recommended cutting carbs to 2 servings a day (she wants to lose 15 pounds). Since I went primal I have more energy and haven't been bothered by colds or congestion. IBS and sleep apnea have completely disappeared.

She's always been the healthier one, and now she has noticed that the Primal me feels great while she's been "sick" with a gastro or respiratory complaint every two weeks or so for the last several months. Slowly but surely, she's seeing the wisdom of the Primal way.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Yay! Good for you!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.