Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Go ahead, have a sandwich! page 3

Vegemighty is offline Junior Member
    Very interesting. This is my first time hearing about such a substitute. How does the taste compare to bread, just wondering?

I've always said that I'll never give up pulled pork sandwiches, but if these could fill in suitably for the rolls, I could enjoy pulled pork sandwiches whenever I want.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    adrian, do you think you could make these pizza bases and freeze for later when you want to whip up a pizza?
    I think so but I would preheat the baking sheet.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegemighty View Post
    Very interesting. This is my first time hearing about such a substitute. How does the taste compare to bread, just wondering?

I've always said that I'll never give up pulled pork sandwiches, but if these could fill in suitably for the rolls, I could enjoy pulled pork sandwiches whenever I want.
    the texture of oopsies is kind of fluffy.

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jqbancroft View Post
    How many recipes of that did you make for the crust? Or was it just one recipe spread thin?
    that is the whole recipe cited above. it spreads out rather far. it still works as pizza crust this way even if you botch it by destroying the fluff.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    So you would cook it as per recipe, than add your pizza toppings and cook again?

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    Guys, can you use vinegar instead of the tartar cream (for the same amount)?

mizski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    Guys, can you use vinegar instead of the tartar cream (for the same amount)?
    For baked goods such as the Oopsies, vinegar is not a good substitute for cream of tartar. Cream of tartar is the best for working with egg whites. It is readily available in grocery stores usually with the spices in the baking aisle. It is inexpensive and lasts a long time.

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    I'll check it out... over here availability is different on a number of things from the US, but I'll go look for it on the spices/baking aisle. Thanks.

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegemighty View Post
    They were easy enough to make with simple (few) ingredients. Just give them a try and see how you like them? My kids all curled up their noses when they came out of the oven but i ate three of them; meh. they were 'fine'. since i've not had a sandwich in forever and i prefer by burgers bunless, i prob won't use these but they just might work for the family (IF they'll eat them! brats!)...

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    There is a better pizza crust. Mix

2 eggs
    2 cups mozarella cheese
    2 cups grated raw cauliflower
    1/4 tsp oregano

Oil a pan bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes. Top with your choice of toppings, bake for another 5 minutes.
    I made this last night. It was not crispy enough to be a 'pick up the slice and eat it like you would a normal pizza slice' crust, though perhaps I did not cook it long enough or spread it too thin. That said, it was freaking tasty as hell. I topped it with a couple of tbs of tomato puree, some bacon, pinenuts, onions, artichoke hearts, sliced roma tomatoes and fresh basil - hmm...maybe I overloaded it with toppings...eh, who cares it f'ing rocked.

Thanks for the recipe. As soon as I get a mixer or decide to sprint on some egg whites I'll make the oopsie rolls (wtb a name change. I can't say the words oopsie rolls without feeling like a 50s housewife)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast