Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hilarious description of the "caveman diet" page

tfarny is offline Senior Member

Hilarious description of the "caveman diet"

"unbiased reviews of fad diets" from Healthline.net - does this sound ANYTHING at all like what we all are doing? I have been doing this for a year and have read a lot of stuff on Paleo eating, yet have no idea where the good doctor got this from. Her butt, perhaps?

http://www.healthline.com/health/caveman-diet

BeagleMan is offline Senior Member
    what bullshit. I don't cook my meat over an open flame.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh yeah, I water fast everyday and eat only once at night..........I believe this is called The Warrior Diet
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

AnarchoGrok is offline Senior Member
    The yellow press. The only people who believe this crap are the same ones that read people and need drama.

theoracle09 is offline Junior Member
    thoroughly enjoy your food by eating with your hands and taking time to savor a meal.
    On the other hand, the diet entirely excludes the base of the food pyramid—starches—as well as dairy products in a higher tier
    Any diet that eliminates entire foods groups (grains and dairy in this case) is running a strong risk of being unbalanced and low in certain important nutrients.
    Certain important nutrients? Like what? This is another biased review that doesn't have any sort of scientific evidence to back up this claim, especially the quip about "important nutrients." I love savoring every morsel, and I've eaten with my hands. I'd rather run amok chasing dinner then sitting on a gold chair eating with tweezers while mother talks about her day.

The most totally bizarre parts are where she praises the emphasis on raw fruits and nuts and drinking tons of water. The "stages" thing and eating of pizza for two weeks seems like it was totally made up to satisfy the basic design of an actual fad diet. The fact that Paleo is not an actual weight loss plan, per se, seems to have gotten lost somewhere a bit too. I just thought it would be entertaining to all ofyou.

WTF on a stick!

Oh, and yesterday I ran my day's diet through fitday - I had 2 - 6 times the RDA of just about everything and was deficient in nothing.

edit: If I actually did fast all day then eat a huge meal of burgers and pizza for dinner, I probably would be "deficient in certain important nutrients"

maba is offline Senior Member
    As funny as it sounds, it's sad because people who really want to try this way of eating will read this stupid review and be discouraged to try it.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    ????!!!!

This reminds me of the time I did a book report and class presentation on "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" and didn't ever even read the book.
    HAHA.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by BeagleMan View Post
    what bullshit. I don't cook my meat over an open flame.
    Why not? It's darn tasty that way.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast