Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In need of some advice page

Supermedic2005 is offline Junior Member

In need of some advice

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello, I started doing the Primal Plan about a month ago now. I do truly notice a dramtic difference in my energy levels being stabilized, but my weight just does not seem to be changing. I'm 30, 6'4", and 265 lbs. I have a rather large amount of muscle mass from being a prior lifter, but I know I have my share of body fat I can lose. I've completely cut out pastas, breads, sugars, etc. I eat as clean as possible for the area that I'm in. I cook 98% of the meals that I do eat. I know this isn't a weight loss "diet" as much as it is a life change, but I figured I would notice some change. I take a multi vitamin daily and drink almost a gallon of water daily. I am limited as far as excercise since I am active duty and our PT is 5 days/week and rather rigorous. I really don't eat much dairy at all, short of a little cheese on eggs in the morning. I'm bound and determined to stick with this since it all makes sense to me. I guess any help would be appreciated.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Give an example of your daily meals.

Jonesy is offline Junior Member
    Good to hear that you are willing to stick with it and understand it is a lifestyle change. That is one hurdle out of the way. I would personally recommend purchasing a set of calipers and monitor changes in body fat rather than just weight changes. You may be pleasantly suprised. If, however, that does not yield any results it may be specifics of your diet causing the lack of fat loss. Try eliminating one possibility at a time.

melodious is offline Senior Member
    I second the desire to see your daily meals.
    You said "I've completely cut out pastas, breads, sugars, etc. I eat as clean as possible". What about other grains? Potatoes? How many grams of carbohydrates are you eating?
    What about stress and sleeping? I find it harder to lose if I'm high on stress or low on sleeping.

Supermedic2005 is offline Junior Member
    Well, my daily diet is actually pretty easy. I cook on the weekends for the week ahead, so there isn't much variation. Typically, I start my morning with a cup of black coffee, two eggs and two slices of bacon. I eat an apple, banana, or mixed nuts (sunflowers, walnuts, cashews, pistachios) as a snack around mid morning. Lunch usually consists of half a chicken breast with mushrooms, peas, broccoli, garlic, snow peas, things like this I make on the weekend. All sautee'd in olive oil or on their own. Usually some fruit mid afternoon then a really large salad for supper. My salads are large and I usually sprinkle cheese, and some burger in too. Other than that, I don't eat potatoes anymore. Things may change somewhat in foods but I stick with mainly chicken, pork, and tuna. I season everything with garlic or black pepper, sometimes chili powders. I love spicy foods. Ina nutshell this is my average meals. Ocassionally at night I will drink a small glass of red wine. My sleep has been the hardest part. I feel like I'm just not tired at night. It's a fight to get rest. And I'm always up at 0530-0600 during the week. Mon, weds, fri, I work out in the morning and tues, thurs in the afternoon. But I'm always done by 530 at the latest. Thanks for the advice.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Seems like you are doing pretty well so far. If you want to kick your weight loss into high gear I would watch the amounts and type of fruits/nuts you consume. Have one serving of fruit per day instead of multiple servings, and make sure those fruits are low in glycemic index. (Oranges and bananas are a lot worse off than berries for example.) Also, you didn't say how much nuts you are eating. Your best options are raw almonds/walnuts or macadamia nuts. But I would stick to a handful at most per day. Throw in some high intensity workouts and it will really help. You don't need a lot of time or space for them. You can do burpees at home even in a small apartment or garage. If the weather is nice sprint for 20 minutes. Hope some of that helps and good luck.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

jovigal1959 is offline Junior Member
    To jump start things, don't eat fruit for a few weeks, and make sure your almonds are raw. I know some "hand full of nuts" from Trader Joe's have raisins and cranberries in it, which shoots it to 14 carbs for a VERY small packet. Just until you figure it all out, try laying off on these items..and see what happens.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    To jumpstart weight loss I would just have 3 main meals, no snacks. Also no cheese and nuts. Keep fruit 1 per day but part of the 3 main meals.
    I think you are not seeing weight loss as you may possibly be eating too much when you add in snacks.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    I'd ditch the fruit and nuts asap and start IF'ing.

Skipping breakfast or lunch would be very helpful. Eat what you're hungry for, twice a day.

A gallon of water is excessive for most. Drink to thirst. Wehn you first kick into ketosis you'll be more thirsty for a few weeks but it'll balance out.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes the scale doesn't move but your body composition changes... Any change in the way your pants are fitting? (The pants don't lie!)

Best of luck to you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast