Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me debate a vegan friend on facebook page 3

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwineil View Post
    debating a vegan from a primal perspective is like trying to teach a pig to foxtrot .. frustrating for the teacher and pointless for the pig .. more better you just move on
    Yep. Veganism is a religion, don't even bother.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Tell her there's enough people trying to limit the suffering of animals, so you're trying to be different by limiting the suffering of plants and eating a mostly animal diet. Let her know her conformist ways are boring you.

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    I think this describes any vegan that I've been "debating" with:

I was on the side of righteousness, and like any fundamentalist, I could only stay there by avoiding information. -- Lierre Kieth

My advice - walk away. Let them "win", more meat for us.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Tell her there's enough people trying to limit the suffering of animals, so you're trying to be different by limiting the suffering of plants and eating a mostly animal diet. Let her know her conformist ways are boring you.
    +1 that is a great answer

Lynnsey is offline Member
    Thanks, everyone. Yes, I believe I will walk away. Bow out gracefully. But my answer to one of his militant vegan friends on the post:

And she lists her first name as "Sara-Vegan", so I know what to expect before I even read her post:

"when you're eating death its not healthy. Meat rotting in your colon and clogging up your arteries and causing environmental damage and making innocent beings suffer cannot be excused. Humans are herbivores. Perhaps people who make up excuses as to why they can't eat the perfect diet for a human and who finds any study to back them up has issues other than what they're eating. Just sayin' no one can convince me that they can't be healthy and happy eating a well planned out vegan diet. It's not possible. They simply didn't try hard enough. Some people willvmake excuses for why they have to smoke pot or drink alcohol, for their health, I don't believe them either."

My response-"Sara, you really need to stop eating 30 bananas a day!"

Whatever....I am done with that whole debate. Thank you guys so much for your support. When someone starts talking about meat clogging up my colon and that humans are herbivores, it's not worth the extra points my blood pressure rises to keep typing.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnsey View Post
    Humans are herbivores. *snipped by me*

My response-"Sara, you really need to stop eating 30 bananas a day!"
    You are a far nicer person than I am. I just want to channel Dan Akroyd "Sara you ignorant sl...."

Hmmm, maybe challenge the vegan one year from now to a fitness and health challenge! Go to the doctor and get every test under the sun and compare notes! Then challenge them to a fitness test... THEY choose the event!

Post a gorgeous pic of yourself on FaceBook and call yourself Primal Princess. On your Wall post Primal links and videos. If anyone debates, counter with another link. DON'T DEBATE THEM YOURSELF! Leave it to "The Experts".

Veganism IS like a religion. They have to get nasty to explain why they are (still) sick and fat. I did Veganism last year and was the heaviest I've ever been! Joint pain was no fun, either. No wonder I was so cranky!

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member
    In my experience, vegans/vegetarians are much more likely to pay attention to other (former) vegans/vegetarians, so I would link your friend to this eye-opening post:

http://voraciouseats.com/2010/11/19/a-vegan-no-more/

"Many of you know that I have recently been struggling for the first time in my life with health problems. When I discovered that my problems were a direct result of my vegan diet I was devastated. 2 months ago, after learning the hard way that not everyone is capable of maintaining their health as a vegan, I made one of the most difficult decisions of my life and gave up veganism and returned to eating an omnivorous diet. My health immediately returned. ... "
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Kaeden is offline Senior Member
    I wonder if thier premise being that eatting "Death" is unhealthy, then how do they justify plans consuming compost and decomposing animal bits?

Also all those Lions must be upset they are unhealthy living on "Death".

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jspradley View Post
    Yep. Veganism is a religion, don't even bother.
    Atheist then. Athiest now.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast