Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me debate a vegan friend on facebook page 2

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have a vegetarian/formerly raw vegan friend coming to me for food advice now that she is seeing how healthy and fit I am getting by living Primally. She's been getting sicker and fatter and can clearly see that I am doing something right!

Post before and after pics on Facebook and forget about debating.

Acteon is offline Senior Member

In 2009, an elderly woman who had been consuming 1 to 1.5 kg of raw bok choy per day developed hypothyroidism, resulting in myxedema coma.[3]

From: http://blog.plover.com/bio/butterflies-correction.html

In the space of 10 days in February of 1974, an English health food enthusiast named Basil Brown took about 10,000 times the recommended requirement of vitamin A, and drank about 10 gallons of carrot juice, whose pigment is a precursor of vitamin A. At the end of those ten days, he was dead of severe liver damage. His skin was bright yellow.

Toxic vegetables found in China: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...nt_9664802.htm

peril is offline Senior Member
    Your friend isn't providing any testable statements - no references to back up what are nothing but sweeping generalisations. One cannot debate with someone who clearly is not rational. Let them be
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Kay Exeye is offline Senior Member
    honestly, you can state your opinion in a short succinct way and then just leave it.
    respect that your friend has a different take on food than you do and move on.

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    what i said but yrs is nicer !

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Why would you want to debate a vegan, that approach to nutrition is almost a religion...don't go there. Vegans pick and choose their info: "I WANT to believe" comes to mind. Enjoy being an omnivore and leave the magical thinking to the plant eaters.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    You can't debate a religion such as veganism. Unless your friend starts having health issues - the mind and ears are closed.
    Also, the funny thing is that your friend may be having some kind of health issue now that hasn't been connected to the vegan diet. So many vegans think that any health issues they may be having cannot be related to their vegan diet. They think instead the health issue would probably have been worse without the vegan diet.
    Last edited by Sue; 01-23-2011 at 10:19 PM.

Vozz is offline Senior Member
    yeah,,, it doesn't sound like your friend is very open to other points of view.
    We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

Starting Weight: 238 lb
    Current Weight: 224 lb
    Goal: 190-200 lb
    Height: 6'-0"

mozzy10 is offline Senior Member
    Your friend seems to have an answer to everything but no real science. I would like to see the SCIENCE behind their assertion that meat consumption causes diabetes *insert laughter here*. Not just a vague "google it" response - real studies.
    Their statement that "I have complete faith that it is the way of eating that would definitely benefit the most people, animals, and our planet" leads me to think they are of the vegan = religion mindset. Might as well hit your head against a brick wall for an hour instead

muaythaimike is offline Senior Member
    Tell him to read nutrition and physical degeneration and then ask him if he can honestly say that animal foods will give you poor health.

Also look into the expensive tissue hypothesis and tell him correlation doesn't equal causation!!!!!
    "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast