Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valkyria's Primal Journal page

Valkyria is offline Senior Member

Valkyria's Primal Journal

Shop Now
    I've never liked Sunday's much, but it's not so bad now that I've got a job I don't hate but actually quite like.

Breakfast today was bacon and eggs fried in butter with spinach, cooked beetroot, some Edam cheese and some mayo. For "dessert" I had 30 grams of dark chocolate(85%) left over from last night. All of this was washed down with a glass of water with apple cider vinegar. It's supposed to be good for many things, but I can't quite remember why ...

Now I probably won't eat for about 4 hours. That is such an improvement for me. I used to be hungry all time and would eat about every two hours. Amazingly I've always been very slim, so I guess I'm blessed with a fast metabolism.

I'm thinking of doing some exercise later, but I don't quite now what yet. I tend to get bored quickly so I'm trying to incorporate more variety by doing what I fancy, and not follow a strict routine.
    I might go for a bike ride on my new bike. Got a lovely bronze coloured Saracen Pylon 3 for Christmas, and I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't even tried it yet ...

I did go for a long bike ride in the end and really enjoyed it even if the weather was a bit rubbish. Cycled for almost 1 hour.

Haven't had any other meals yet, but have been snacking on pecans, cheese and salami and freshly made almond bread with butter and liver paté.
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Proud mother of twin girls!

Didn't exercise Tuesday. Started doing some bodyweight exercises but my mood wasn't great and I gave up ... :-( But yesterday I did 1 hour of Kundalini Yoga which was great. It always makes me feel so good after, and it's very good for tense shoulders.

I don't know if I'll be doing much tonight, not feeling great, but we'll see.
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Not been here the last few days so here's a little update:
    Thursday I was going to do the Kundalini Yoga again, but I didn't feel like it so I spent 30 min doing various yoga and bodyweight exercises. Then I spent 30 min on the rowing machine whilst listening to music. Felt very good after. Even my neck, which has been quite stiff and tense since before Christmas, is feeling better.

Friday I didn't exercise at all. Saturday neither apart from a lot of walking around town. Saturday is shopping day.

I don't know if I'll be doing anything to day. I've still got a cold, but it's not so bad anymore. Maybe a bit of rowing again. It seemed to do wonders for my back and neck.
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Maybe I should just do a weekly update instead seeing as I'm not online every day ...lol.
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Hello - another Norwegian here, guess there are quite a few of us! How long have you been primal for?
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

A few months now.
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

I'll give this journal thing another go, and I'll start with what I did yesterday.
    Monday April 25th:
    3x8 min jog with 2 min walk in between. As a bonus we also jogged the last 750 metres! Or 600 as the trainer said, the liar! I joined a local running club 4 weeks ago, and they're doing a beginners course over 8 weeks. After the 8 weeks I should be able to jog 5 kilomtres. I could probably do it already, for me it's more about willpower than anything, but I don't think there's anything wrong with easing into things.

I also did day 1, week 3 of The 100 Push Up challenge. I follow column 1 so I did 10, 12, 7, 7 and 10 push ups. All on my toes.

As for today:
    I haven't done the PB Fitness since February, but lately I've been wanting to exercise more and push myself harder so I decided to give it another go. It went quite well I would say.

Round 1
    Reverse pull ups x4
    Single leg box squat x10 on each leg
    Push ups (on toes) x15
    Ups and downs for 90 seconds
    Shoulder press push ups x7
    Side ups and downs for 45 seconds on each side

Round 2
    Reverse chin ups x4
    Single leg box squat x10 on each leg
    Push ups (on toes) x10
    Ups and downs for 88 seconds
    Shoulder press push ups x7
    Side ups and downs for 45 seconds on each side

I think I deserve some dark chocolate now because I think I will feel it tomorrow no matter how much glutamine I've been taking!
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Have had a few rubbish days so haven't done much exercise the last few days, apart from the cycling to work of course.

I did do my push ups yesterday though.
    Day 2, week 3:
    10, 12, 8, 8, 11.

It's getting tougher, but I'm feeling stronger.
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Today I went jogging again.
    We did 3x8 min with 1 min walking in between. And the course included some hills so it was hard work! Running downhill I didn't mind though ...

Did push ups too!
    Day 3, week 3:
    11, 13, 9, 9, 15
    I actually found this to be easier than day 2 ...
    Last edited by Valkyria; 05-02-2011 at 03:06 PM.
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast