Thread: Natures Promise page

PRIMAL_COP is offline Junior Member

Natures Promise

Primal Fuel
    Is anyone familiar with Natures Promis brand foods? After lots of searching my local supermarket started selling this brand of meats and fruits. It specifically states on the label that the meat is Hormone and antibiotic free as well as being strictly vegetarian fed animals.
    My second question is pricing. Why is it that range fed is so much more costly than others? It seems to me if they dont have to pay for feed and medications that they should be cheaper than the grain fed kind.
    Just Sayin

Suze is offline Member
    Hormone and antibiotic free is great, vegetarian fed is really non-descriptive, they basically can feed their livestock whatever they want...except meat. Sketchy. If the price is much higher I would try to find a butcher in your area that is hormone and antibiotic free, at least you'll get a fresh cut and some service for your money.

PRIMAL_COP is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Suze. Wasnt quite sure about the brand or the "vegetarian Fed" part of the label. I did go ahead and try the bacon and it was pretty good. I do have a local butcher that I will check with. Thanks again.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    It takes longer to get the animals to size...

Suze is offline Member
    Agreed Adrianag, however, if they're on a steady diet of fillers & corn to fatten them up, how much nutrition are you getting for thoes extra $$$???

I buy Natures Promise too. It is pricey, but is the best bet for what's available here.

mizski is offline Senior Member
    I buy Nature's Promise at Stop & Shop when I can't get my grass fed/pastured stuff which has been a lot this winter with snow storms every few days. It is more expensive than the factory meats/poultry but of much better quality and nutrition.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Agreed Adrianag, however, if they're on a steady diet of fillers & corn to fatten them up, how much nutrition are you getting for thoes extra $$$???
    That's why we are here, promoting grass fed!

AndreaC is offline Member
    Does anyone know if this is actually grass fed and finished?
    Grass fed can mean that it's fed grass most of its life and then finished on grain, which defeats the purpose.

I can't find contact information online for Nature's Promise in order to call them.
    Anyone?

Thanks