Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Very Primal Thanksgiving page 4

I have the ability to buy one, since my raw milk farmer has them available for pre-order, but my cousins always prepare a 'traditional' one, so I don't bother spending the $75 - $100 it would cost for the free-range one.

pandapuffs Guest

Just signed up for a pastured turkey! My wonderful mother agreed to pay for it (very expensive--I had no idea!) as long as I do all the cooking She won't even have any because she's a vegetarian. She is that cool.

Granted, I'm totally nervous now because I've never cooked a turkey in my life and am now in charge of impressing everyone with my magical, costly pastured turkey :/

Ecala is offline Junior Member

Ohhhh pastured turkey! I'll have to find one of those.

Are you getting it locally, primalpanda, or are you ordering from online somewhere?

Ecala is offline Junior Member

Looks like you can get a pastured turkey from Tropical Traditions.

pandapuffs Guest

Ecala, I'm getting it from a local farm. Glad you located a place to get one!

Looks like I'm adding pumpkin pots de creme to the menu. I was thinking "a little pumpkin mousse thing would be good" and it turns out my bf's mom has a delicious recipe for just that. Yum.

i plan to hold a family thanksgiving party. and in the party i will do something innoative to warm the atmosphere up. Make a family dvd slideshow as background for the party.

http://powerpoint-dvd-presentation.b...ng-family.html

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I still can't get my family to go for a pastured turkey. Getting a few Primal sides will be a victory for me.

I'm going to take a few dishes of my own, including a REAL minced meat pie, Primal-style, made with REAL meat.

Ika
    Ika is offline Member

Would anyone mind posting some recipes?? All of these ideas sound delicious! :P

My etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/UrthForged
    *hand-carved wood and bone jewelry*

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hey Mark, SPAM from charlenequ.

Just wanted to point it out.

Pastured turkey would be awesome, but I'm going to have to wait until I'm a bit richer. haha. I can handle buying grass-fed meat for my husband and I to eat a little at a time... but when you buy a 20 pound bird for Thanksgiving, it often is eaten and leaves as leftovers in your guests' "doggie bags" and I can't afford to be that generous at the moment.

Last year when we hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house, we spent over $100 on groceries just for that day. It was ridiculous.

I'm SO glad a friend offered to host this year, and someone else will be making the turkey. I'll make a few primal sides, maybe a primal dessert, and life will be good!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234