Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Hour Body? page

gogrok1 is offline Junior Member

4 Hour Body?

Shop Now
    Has anybody read the book The 4 Hour Body, and whats it all about? Ive seen it a lot online and in stores just seeing whats the scoop on it and is it supposed to be paleo? Thanks

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Utter bullshit.

gogrok1 is offline Junior Member
    hahaha Thats what I figured. But had seen the cover on some paleo sites.. started to think it was paleo

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I read bits and was amused. He talks about eating grass fed beef 3x a day for 3 weeks... which just sounds like fun. But he's all over the map.

Setabas is offline Senior Member
    There are threads on thisbsite about it.

yestolife is offline Junior Member
    I am told that Ferris is a "body hacker" and have yet to really figure out what that means. Something to do with applying "best practices" as gathered from cutting edge bio science and this results in turning your genetic potential/malleability "on".

Ferris really comes across as a bit of a charlatan but you have to hand it to him, he is clearly marketing the living shit out of himself.

I can't tell if this represents an amplication of every self centred desire or the empowerment to stand outside preconceived notions. I do know that his website makes my head spin with the amount of money making going on.

As for the workout aspect, I am currently using the Body by Science approach to strength building and will give it about 12 weeks to see where I stand. One thing for sure, I will never return to the 3-4 workouts a week I used to engage in; zero desire, poor results and in the end profound exhaustion.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I enjoyed the book, I've implemented his kettlebell workout, so far with amazing results.

Sure, it's not for everyone and everything in it is not for me, but if you're willing to read it as it's intended to be read, as a 'choose your own adventure' book, then it can be quite interesting.

But then I read a book every two days, so I don't put hours of thought into book purchases and consider it a success if it holds my interest for the time it takes to read it

gunn parker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I enjoyed the book,
    Sure, it's not for everyone and everything in it is not for me, but if you're willing to read it as it's intended to be read, as a 'choose your own adventure' book, then it can be quite interesting.
    I agree, oh and I have just noticed your from Perth too.
    Last edited by gunn parker; 01-22-2011 at 05:24 AM. Reason: html error

CowQ is offline Junior Member
    I have read it, really enjoyed it actually. It's got a lot of different goals, and explains what was the most effective method for him and some of his test subjects.

I was interested in his slow carb diet a while ago... it's not paleo but I think he recommends it due to it being a diet effective for fat loss - without the effort of convincing people that saturated fat is actually good for them (as with paleo). It's goals are not the health benefits of paleo.

The interesting topics for me where: becoming superhuman, adding muscle, and how to train for long distance running. It's not particularly detailed in any aspect, but more of a jack of all trades type book.

billintn is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Could not have said it better! I am not done reading it yet but one thing I have already taken from it is that I am going to start using fresh cinnamon on a daily basis. I like the work that he did with the glucose meter also. I have recently decided to try some glucose testing (heart scan blog method) and reading what Ferris did kind of confirmed it for me. I don't know what else I may take away from the book....but if you are a reader and can adhere the advice above from NourishedEm - I say buy it and read it.
    Last edited by billintn; 01-22-2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: sleepy. :)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast