Thread: Crystal Light & Diet Dr. Pepper page

GUN5LING3R is offline Senior Member

Cool Crystal Light & Diet Dr. Pepper

Shop Now
    I know that in the perfect world it would be water but I am following the PB lifestyle other than the occasional Crystal Light or Diet Dr. Pepper. How bad is the artificial sweetners? Everything else I am doing is clean. Thanks!

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Bad. Pretty darn bad, in fact.

Edit: how about some tea?

PrairieProf is offline Senior Member
    Eh, I've never given up the occasional diet soda (and I, gasp, use Splenda at least once a day), and I see no evidence that it's hurt me any. Actually I lost all my extra weight as a non-Primal low-carber with plenty of diet soda. For me that's part of my 20%.

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    The argument is of course is that its not natural. For me, having these causes major sweet cravings, although today I was craving sweet so I have a crystal lite on the go. It was either that or I might have started scavenging for something sweet.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieProf View Post
    Eh, I've never given up the occasional diet soda (and I, gasp, use Splenda at least once a day), and I see no evidence that it's hurt me any. Actually I lost all my extra weight as a non-Primal low-carber with plenty of diet soda. For me that's part of my 20%.
    Weight is one thing, but alzheimer's is another.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Weight is one thing, but alzheimer's is another.
    Nah, Alzheimer's is all part of the 20%---- Wait, what were we talking about? Who are you?
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

slacker is offline Senior Member
    Google aspartame and neuropathy, read about it, and then make up your mind. A friend of mine drank lots of that stuff for years before that link came to light. She went through years of pain with her feet for which there was no medical explanation. She has no feeling in her feet anymore and terrible pain in her ankles.

Melody is offline Senior Member
    bad. if you must drink something have tea with stevia or even honey. or sparkling water with lemon juice. aspartame is really really really bad for you.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    My doctor says the sweet taste on the tongue triggers the body to release insulin. Regardless of whether the source is "real", ie sugar, fruit, carbs or artificial from aspartame, sugar alcohols, saccharine. This rush is bad for your body and causes samage over time.