Thread: Two weeks on Primal and I haven't lost a pound....and I'm thrilled! page

dmc
    dmc is offline Senior Member

Two weeks on Primal and I haven't lost a pound....and I'm thrilled!

I've been doing primal/whole 30 for just under two weeks and I haven't lost weight. But so much great stuff has happened!

--I have learned when I'm hungry. This is probably the hugest thing for me. I have problems with hypoglycemia. In the past, I knew I was hungry because I'd start to crash and I'd have about a half hour window to eat before all hell would break loose. As a consequence, I did a lot of preventative eating, as I like to call it. Now I am learning what it feels like to become hungry and, if I can't eat right away, it is okay. I really realized this last weekend when an hour hike turned into a three hour expedition due to a "short cut." In my pre-PB days I would have been in serious trouble hiking for three hours having not had breakfast.
    --I can resist temptation. For me, the whole 30 has been super useful for realizing this. I don't eat dairy so that was easy, but I do like to drink wine, especially with dinner and when socializing. We've had a lot of social events over the last couple of weeks and I didn't drink and it was fine--I was surprised not to miss it, even when watching football (go Packers)! Saying no to things over the last two weeks has made me think more carefully about my diet and made me realize that occasional treats do mean occasional!
    --my skin looks great!
    --I have lost almost 2 inches in my waist and 2 inches in my hips.
    --Pants that just two weeks ago were too tight now fit. I'm hoping in another 2 weeks they might be too loose!
    --I have wonderful energy, despite being on medication that can make me drowsy.
    --I really can see myself eating like this for the rest of my life.

It is true that I don't have a lot of weight to loose. Nonetheless, it is so important, I think, to key into what the PB can give one besides weight loss. I'd be curious to hear what others have learned/gained while on this journey.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Congrats! You can read more about my journey in my journal.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    My pants are trying to fall off. My love handles and belly have shrunk drastically.

My headaches stopped.

I don't go home from work and go to sleep.

I actually have energy.

I can breathe through my nose when I wake up in the morning.

I don't get heartburn.

My joints don't hurt anymore.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

dmc
    dmc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the link to your journal, dragonfly. Fun to track the progression of others since I'm just starting out. Your journal made me realize that I've been sleeping like a rock. I attributed that to no alcohol, but it could be the PB/Whole 30 thing more generally. Twibble, congrats on the pants falling off--that's fun!