Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scared ... page 2

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Welcome, Mr Meso! Glad you checked out that cardio link -- should make a huge difference. Blue pill, indeed -- LOL, that's great. All the best to you!

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Mr Mesolithic Guest

Thanks BarbeyGirl - the Blue pill was the one with 0 carbs and 10grams saturated fat LOL - the Red pill was just loaded with sugar!

Mr. Mesolithic

groquette is offline Senior Member

Oh, man... the BLUE pill! Of course!

Gravatar is here: http://en.gravatar.com/

Griff is offline Senior Member

MrMeso - hang in there on the low-carb flu. It passes.

Let us know how you're doing!

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

"Are there any others out there who have suffered with hypoglycemia and had success on PB?"

YES... I used to have to eat every 2-3 hours to avoid getting dizzy/headachey/shaky, etc. One day, my husband and I were sitting in Outback Steakhouse and I hadn't eaten lunch that day (forgot, I was busy). I seriously felt like I was about to pass out, was getting blurry vision, etc... and started eating sugar packets because I couldn't wait for them to bring the bread.

It was ridiculous.

I had no "low-carb flu" when starting PB, and have been primal for 3-4 months now. NO MORE SHAKES. I have dome a couple 24-hour fasts too, with no problems.

It's like my body breathed a sigh of relief and said, "Finally!"

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Mr Mesolithic Guest

@ FlyNavyWife!

I've done the SAME thing in a restaurant - more than once even ... I'm laughing now that someone else out there has admitted it! The waitress was like ...

"What are you doing ..."

When you get to that point in a low glucose event, you really could care less about how you look or what you do ... I've also been sitting down in the front floor of an Arby's once, as the teenagers working behind the counter tossed me little orange juice containers ... (I could go story after story, but I won't)

Thanks for your support, and the HOPE that maybe after 21 years of "glucopathy" I will be FREE!

I can't EVER imagine a fast at this point however!

Sincerely,

Mr. Meso

Mr Mesolithic Guest

@ Griff

Thanks Griff -

The workout tonight went "ok" - so far so good -

I'm hopefull tomorrow will go ok ... the workout actually seemed to make the symptoms go away, although I didn't quite have the POWER I usually have to sprint!

Mr. Meso ...

Ailu is offline Junior Member

I have suffered from terribly reactive fasting hypoglycemia since my early 20s, but I have only very mild symptoms since going low carb. However, since eating low carb, I always felt sluggish, like my blood sugar was a little too low, all day long. But after reading how chromium helps regulate blood sugar, I've started taking 200mcg of chromium a day, and I cannot believe the energy I have now. It has completely taken that sluggish, tired feeling away. Hope this might help others who also feel tired all the time on low carb.

- Ailu

Mr Mesolithic Guest

@ Ailu -

Thanks for adding your experiences ... reactive hypo is like the worst form of torture one could wish for ... I'd rather be water-boarded!

Yes, I do take Chromium, but do better on the polynicotinate version vs. regular Chromium -

Also - I added in Time Release Pantothentic Acid after reading some research (See Link)

I've also long been an avid user of Niacin, USP NON time release- seems to help a LOT.

While all of those have been great, I still have battled the reactive hypo.

I'm pushing 40, but have had it since age 18.

If this Primal Blueprint ends up working, I'll yell a PRIMAL scream of relief!

Also, Ailu - I find taking the chromium at night before bed helps, rather than early in the day - when I take it early in the day it always caused glucose readings too low.

Thanks for the post - I'm actually happy, in a strange way, to see others out there with glucose metabolism disorders that are succeeding with this lifestyle of eating!

Mr. Meso ...

Ailu is offline Junior Member

PrimalCon New York

Oh Mr. Meso, you aren't kidding! What are your symptoms? I soon learned I couldn't eat ANY cereals in the morning. And pancakes or donuts can be downright lethal! First, about 20 minutes after eating, extreme nausea would hit. Then I would suddenly go numb & clammy, like all my blood had drained out of my body. Seconds later my vision would go black. If I didn't lay down immediately I would pass out. (Very embarrassing when it happens in a restaurant!) Seriously, it feels like death is imminent. My momma has the same thing, so I figure it's inherited, but I was also raised on sugar my whole childhood. Captain Crunch, Lucky Charms, donuts and pop-tarts for breakfast every morning. Fruit Loops were my favorite. lol So likely my diet was a culprit in this too.

I should have been more descriptive - I am not taking pure chromium, but chromium bound with picolinate. Thanks for the tip about taking it before bed, I will give that a try. I also started taking cinnamon, have you ever tried it for blood sugar regulation as well?

I'd like to research the time release Pantothentic Acid, but I don't see the link you are referring too.

No one I know (besides my momma) has this reactive type of hypoglycemia, so I was likewise happy to see your post as well. :-)

- Ailu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast