Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Oz Today page

underamoon is offline Junior Member

Dr. Oz Today

Shop Now
    Dr. Oz has a show on the harmful effects of sugar. Its the number one thing he wants you to get out of your house. Including an explanation why sugar is a real culprit and not fat. Interesting to see this in the main stream. You might want to check it out or try to find it online.

seaclam is offline Senior Member
    I saw it last night. He stated sugar can cause heart disease, high blood pressue, fatty liver disease and diabetes. This is nothing that the PD boards have not been saying but it nice to see it being embraced by the main stream media. The average SD has more than 4 times the sugar than is recommended. He said "natural sugars" in whole naturally food sources is OK and recommended. I was a little disapoointed nothing was discussed about starches or carbs. I good show though.

Grizz is offline Banned
    YAH BUT . . . . .

Dr. Oz also recommends whole grain breads, I have no use for Dr. OZ - ZERO NADA.

Dr. Wm Davis is a much better authority:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardiologist Dr. Wm Davis
    How to become diabetic in 5 easy steps

If you would like to become diabetic in as short a time as possible, or if you have someone you don't like--ex-spouse, nasty neighbor, cranky mother-in-law--whose health you'd like to booby trap, then here's an easy-to-follow 5-step plan to make you or your target diabetic.

1) Cut your fat and eat healthy, whole grains--Yes, reduce satiety-inducing foods and replace the calories with appetite-increasing foods, such as whole grain bread, that skyrocket blood sugar higher than a candy bar.

2) Consume one or more servings of juice or soda per day--The fructose from the sucrose or high-fructose corn syrup will grow visceral fat and cultivate resistance to insulin.

3) Follow the Institute of Medicine's advice on vitamin D--Take no more than 600 units vitamin D per day. This will allow abnormal levels of insulin resistance to persist, driving up blood sugar, grow visceral fat, and allow abnormal inflammatory phenomena to persist.

4) Have a bowl of oatmeal or oat cereal every morning--Because oat products skyrocket blood sugar, the repeated high sugars will damage the pancreatic beta cells ("glucose toxicity"), eventually impairing pancreatic insulin production. (Entice your target even further: "Would you like a little honey with your oatmeal?") To make your diabetes-creating breakfast concoction even more effective, make the oatmeal using bottled water. Many popular bottled waters, like Coca Cola's Dasani or Pepsi's Aquafina, are filtered waters. This means they are devoid of magnesium, a mineral important for regulating insulin responses.

5) Take a diuretic (like hydrochlorothiazide, or HCTZ) or beta blocker (like metoprolol or atenolol) for blood pressure--Likelihood of diabetes increases 30% with these common blood pressure agents.

There you have it! Perhaps we should assemble a convenient do-it-yourself-at-home diabetes kit to help, complete with several servings of whole grain bread, a big bottle of cranberry juice, some 600 unit vitamin D tablets, a container of Irish oatmeal, and some nice bottled water.
    http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/20...asy-steps.html
    Grizz

seaclam is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    YAH BUT . . . . .

Dr. Oz also recommends whole grain breads, I have no use for Dr. OZ - ZERO NADA.

Dr. Wm Davis is a much better authority:

Grizz
    I am not endorsing him or his views but just acknowledging his show on the evils of sugar.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Pretty much everyone's acknowledging that sugar is bad. No one says that sugar is "okay"...right?

jovigal1959 is offline Junior Member
    I so love this thread.

Sugar is evil..like many drugs. However, it is so damn hard to break the "ruuuush" one feels when ingesting this poison.

I am a recovering sugarholic. It used to be normal for me not to eat a thing all day, and have 10 Hershey Kisses for lunch, with some crackers and cheese for dinner.

And I wondered why, since my calories were low, that POOF in my stomach wouldn't go away. Oh yeah - I even trained and ran six full marathons!

I finally cut the crap. Sincerely. I found this forum..and I am not looking back.

The poof? - diminishing. After 10 days, snug pants are loose. I am not kidding.

Sugar is the Devil's elixir. It is so intoxicating. I love muffins, cookies - but won't indulge. It is so bad for you, on every level.

Another thing I love about being on this new way of eating: NO MORE COUNTING CALORIES. God - I couldn't take it anymore..and who on earth can figure out, when eating at a restaurant..how many calories are in this and that? WTF?

Yes, Dr. Oz put out a good message. It is a start!

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    I saw Dr. Oz the other week at the Farmer's Market buying Grass-Fed Lamb! I tries to say hi but he ignored me.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jovigal1959 View Post
    I so love this thread.
    The poof? - diminishing. After 10 days, snug pants are loose. I am not kidding.

Sugar is the Devil's elixir. It is so intoxicating.
    Pretty much. My pants I bought right after Thanksgiving now threaten to fall off if I don't wear a belt. I went Primal right after Christmas...and right after I kicked the 2-a-day Dr. Pepper habit. Even the pants that I had before (that I was replacing because they're too small) seem rather loose.

The only thing that ever really tempts me is SUGAR. Well, and fried mushrooms.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    He had another bit on the benefits of Coconut Oil with regards to retarding or even reversing Alzheimer's. ~3tsp a day
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Melantha is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Pretty much everyone's acknowledging that sugar is bad. No one says that sugar is "okay"...right?
    Except the Corn Refiners Association of America. That's a sweet surprise...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast