Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "eat when you're hungry" buuuuut...?? page

"eat when you're hungry" buuuuut...??

Shop Now
    what if you're not hungry at "dinner time" so you skip it ....but then you're suddenly hungry at, say, 10pm (aka just before bed). Do you eat late or go to bed hungry?

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    I would skip it and if I was really hungry then I would eat something or have something like a smoothie.

fufonzo is offline Senior Member
    Ya, i'd grab myself a primal snack. I'll often make a couple eggs if i'm hungry before bed.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I'd go to bed hungry.

Occasionally I am not hungry at all. Which sucks because I live on a tight schedule. I just wait till I AM hungry- and if that happens while I'm busy I wait till I'm not busy to eat.

Someguy is offline Member
    I get ravenous at 10pm even if I do eat dinner, so I eat dinner leftovers... I call it dinner 2

How can you skip dinner?
    Without music life would be a mistake.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    If sleeping soon after eating doesn't bother you, I don't see a problem at all. If you sleep after midnight, then it's MORE than perfectly fine.

It doesn't really matter when you eat. I'd only worry about going to bed on a full stomach, it personally doesn't make me feel that good, and I wake up feeling like I haven't fully digested, my theory is the body doesn't like to digest while sleeping, I base this on absolutely nothing.

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    I'd eat something small. I'd also probably go a little lower in fat than you would at dinner, just for digestion sake. I usually go for protein, maybe a couple ounces of turkey and a few pieces of veggies or maybe scrambled eggs, just take the edge off your hunger. I dont sleep well if I go to bed ravenous.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    It doesn't really matter when you eat. I'd only worry about going to bed on a full stomach, it personally doesn't make me feel that good, and I wake up feeling like I haven't fully digested, my theory is the body doesn't like to digest while sleeping, I base this on absolutely nothing.
    i agree completely with this. i don't really think your body cares what time you feed it, but you don't want to get heartburn or anything. i usually eat within an hour or so of going to bed...just works out that way. sometimes it can keep me up a bit, but if i'm having some light leftovers and/or a handful of nuts, i do just fine.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    if i get hungry, truly hungry, before bed then i eat something noncarby (potatoes or fruit will wake me up)

if i just feel kinda hungry, i ignore it

Andtckrtoo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    If sleeping soon after eating doesn't bother you, I don't see a problem at all. If you sleep after midnight, then it's MORE than perfectly fine.

I also agree. Your body literally doesn't care what time you eat. If I'm starved before I go to bed, I'm likely to eat some light protein - scrambled eggs are perfect as they digest so well.
    Christine
    Wag more, bark less

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast