Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 21st Birthday! page

hartzdaniel is offline Junior Member

21st Birthday!

Primal Fuel
    Hey Everybody!

It's my 21st birthday in just a few days and I want to celebrate it properly (as in, drink!).

Any recommendations? I saw the post about alcohol but I'm wondering if anyone has more personal experiences on any drinks in particular. I'm probably going to be at a club so a glass of wine or a nice scotch on the rocks may not work all that well.

Let me know! I'm excited to hear your ideas!

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Scotch is appropriate in every situation. EVERY SITUATION.

Just kidding. I drink Scotch in clubs, but I'm also kind of old and cranky. Tequila shots, perhaps?
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Mandolin is offline Senior Member
    I say, you only turn 21 once--one night of drunken debauchery isn't gonna kill your primal self Happy Birthday!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
    I say, you only turn 21 once--one night of drunken debauchery isn't gonna kill your primal self Happy Birthday!
    Heartily seconded as long as you designate a driver who stays sober or call a cab. Drinking and driving could kill your primal self and others.
    I know, I probably sound like your Mom but, I'm old enough to be your Mom so I get to do that Happy Birthday Kiddo!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    agreed. don't make stupid mistakes, and have a good time.
    scotch and bourbon are pretty decent drinks...but not really for your 21st. i agree with tequila shots, kamakazies, white russians, grateful deads, car bombs...
    and if you've never ordered at a bar before, tell the bartender it's your 21st and ask for a waterfall.

Mandolin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    white russians
    So delicious, they're even The Dude's favorite

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the others. Have a wild good time and have a sober driver!

Let's see... some of my favorites... 2 shots. A chocolate covered cherry, which explains itself, and a "Buttery Nipple" which tastes like butterscotch.

Chambord is yummy. I like Captain Morgan Tattoo. Try a "Grasshopper" if you like mint. Of course there's the mojito. Dr Pepper and Jack Daniels if that's your style. Slow Gin Fizz is one that never gets old. Same with whiskey sour.

Wow... I miss drinking...

Sort of.

Have a fantastic birthday!

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    My first legal drink was a bahama mama.It's girly, I know, but hey, I'd never had one before! Before that, I drank wine and screwdrivers. Ahem. I drink wine now, on occasion. (Riding high on 2.5 glasses of apple wine, atm. )

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    My typical primal order is either a mojito without the sweetener, or two shots of tequila with a shot of soda water and lime juice (Norcal Margarita).

I also had a "flirtini" tonight with a friend and it was pretty good, and pretty clean. Vodka, peach schnapps (true schnapps don't have sugar), pineapple juice, and sweet and sour (I'm thinking the sweet and sour might have sugar in it).

For non-primal drinks, an irish car bomb is amazing (and I don't even like dark beers). White Russian is also my favorite cocktail because it's so creamy and sweet. Pomegranate martini's are good too.

Just figure out what you like, and ask people for suggestions. For instance, do you like sweet drinks or more savory/bitter? Do you like to taste the liquor, or do you want a subtle punch? Once you figure those out, people can give you lots of suggestions!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    if it's what you want to do for your birthday, don't worry about restricting yourself. this definitely falls into the 20%. it's just one day, right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast