Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Tooth and Claw page 25

TheFastCat is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Had the 4 metal pins removed from my hand last Friday - should be able to bench/do pull ups/ice cream makers again soon!

Have been doing linear gains 3x a week with my squatting - goal is to max 300 lbs+ by New Years by doing 5# weekly progressions
    ad astra per aspera

Benched for the first time last week - 3 x 3 at 205

Amazing how fast bench press disappears! Looking back on this log I was doing

Bench Press: 3-3-3-3-3 @230# before I hurt my hand. Looks like I have a[nother] good goal to get to by new years...
    ad astra per aspera

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    That's actually not much loss. I've found that bench comes back pretty fast when I'm forced to take time off.

Sent via lightsaber

Thanks Anthony

1 rm BS (high bar): 305# - 10# off of my PR - hopefully i can get back to 315 - 320 by New Years - I guess that's my next goal.

Did some light snatches today at 95# - first time in about 8 months. Bottom position and mid-transition feels kinda weird with the knee - and my grip strength and upper body/core strength unused to power. I want to spend this month getting up to snuff for oly to get back to functional capacity by New Years.

Fat bar deadlifts at ~190# ; trying to strengthen that right hand.

For the foreseeable future no crossfit just brute strength and oly.
    ad astra per aspera

Still at it - in January I started a rigorous 8 week program that I wrote myself (3x a week squatting, with Bench, pull ups, snatch, cleans and more) - three more weeks left on it; I'll post it here afterwards. I'm up to 210 lbs right now and my lifts are probably about 10% off where they were this time last year (before ACL surgery and hand surgeries). Forcast is that this Spring and Summer TFC will be officially out of hibernation.
    ad astra per aspera

Long time since an update!

overview of the past 10 months:

The aforementioned program I was previously doing -- I'll figure out how to upload it and link to it.
    While on it I Pr'd my snatch and some other lifts though since then I've subsequently reverted.

I got up to 215 lbs and though I was stronger I felt sort of tubby once the nice weather rolled out. So I refocused my goals to leaning out and being svelte and sexy. I rowed during lunch with my shirt off to catch vitamin D - did the trick but I lost a lot of strength as I got down to 192 ish lbs. I stopped my oly lifting regimen at the same time as I began to endure nagging discomfort in my back and unrelenting tightness and discomfort.

As is the cyclical nature of my temperament I spent the Fall in hibernation mode, sleeping and eating pumpkin pie. Got back to 207 lbs while engineering more inflammation, lower drive and general apathy for improvement all the while.

So now I'm starting my pre-spring emergence from hibernation. Somewhat more slowly than I am accustomed to though a recent termination of a romantic relationship should add some fuel to the fire; it always does.

Unsure what my current goals are. Probably to Look good naked. I'd estimate my body fat percentage to be around 12-14% at 202 lbs currently. I'd also like to start oly lifting again. I must say that at age 34 when not in athletic shape, my body moves differently these days! Much more warm up is required and honestly the hunger and drive to kill is lower. Part of that is probably related to my refocused energy on my work/career. I think that losing some more weight and the emergence of Spring should tip the scales and add more energy and drive -- that would be consistent with my cyclic nature.

Something I've been doing the past 3 weeks is using a Food processor (The Ninja brand) here at work to make raw vegetable smoothies that I drink in the morning after working out. No fruit.

What I had yesterday and today was a boat load of bok choy, cold water, ice, the juice from one lemon and two limes. I've also been blending radishes, dandelion greens, spinach, carrots into these smoothies with a goal of edging towards a more alkaline diet and getting more prileo. It actually seems to have reduced some inflammation that I didn't even know I was dealing with as well as shedding some weight (probably water).
    ad astra per aspera

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back Fastcat!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Aloha to my favorite Raven! I hope you have been well.

Today's breakfast was three egg yolks and a blended vegetable smoothie of:

- Cucumber
    - ice water
    - one bunch of radishes
    - the juice of two limes

Very refreshing.

Workout was overhead press, pullups, incline press, bench = frat boy workout

Got back on Tinder to get back into the game. I gotta say that what is most lacking currently is desire. Even when a girl messages me I'm pretty much "meh" about it. I am evaluating supplementing with iodine, yohimbine and vitamin D again. That's rocket boosted me in previous times.
    ad astra per aspera

Yesterday posted the aforementioned 8 week program on this forum. You can see it here.

Today was a dedicated mobility day at the gym - yoga like work to open up my chest and upper back. My hamstrings are still crazy tight. It's affecting my ability to squat as I like to, can feel muscle recruitment is off.

this morning's vegetable smoothie was lime juice, cucumber and spinach with ice and cold water. nummy.
    ad astra per aspera

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Last night hit an all-you-can-eat king crab buffet with some co-workers. Even though it was $60 a person managed to turn it into a good deal. I ate a lot of crab. Even was approached/urged by the waitstaff to stop eating more after it was apparent we were introducing significant loss to the establishment.

This morning did

HBBS
    GHD situps
    Front Squats
    Overheat squats

Took more iodine and even 1/2 of a Yohimbine pill along with 666% of zinc supplements in hopes of driving some hormonal production to offset mental apathy & drudgery.

After overhead squatting this morning developing some discomfort, tightness on the spine of my neck and surrounding rhomboids. I guess this means I am old.

Morning vegtable smoothie:

2 carrots
    Cucumber
    Spinach
    Juice of 1 lime

Having fun on Tinder - two dates this weekend trying to work in a third tonight
    ad astra per aspera

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast