Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Tooth and Claw page 14

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Monday

“Brenton”

Five rounds of:
    Bear crawl 100 feet
    Standing broad-jump, 100 feet

Do three Burpees after every five broad-jumps. If you’ve got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

10:02 with a 24# vest (Rx +4lbs)

bah I didn't record my time when I did this on the 27th of June - think this time was faster

breakfast - leftover rotisserie chicken from Thursday
    ad astra per aspera

Didn't sleep Saturday night which caused me to catch a cold on Tuesday - still getting over it Friday

Tuesday
    Muscle up practice

400 meter run
    20 "practice" muscle ups (not Rx
    400 meter run

5:06

Wednesday
    sick - skipped

Thursday
    sick - skipped

Friday
    Backsquat 100kg, 102.5kg, 102.5kg
    power clean 80,80,80
    butterfly pullup work
    400 meter jog

feel gross after two days off - looking forward to going beast mode on Saturday - hopefully the sick will be out of me by then
    Last edited by TheFastCat; 07-15-2011 at 07:48 AM.
    ad astra per aspera

Sorry TFC has been off the radar as of late. I got sick again on Sunday after a tough Saturday workout

Saturday

20 minute partnered metcon
    burpees
    box jumps
    thrusters
    running

went back to the gym and lifted
    Atlas ball play
    push press
    some push ups and pull ups

Monday
    Sick

Tuesday

Max deadlift - only made it to 350 or 360 I can't remember - pretty weak but I was sick and haven't done heavy deadlifts for months (/excuse)

Wednesday
    Press 3-3-3-3-3-3
    120,125,130,135(f), 130(f), 125

Thursday
    Sick/low energy/bad sleep night before

Looking forward to coming back with animal vengeance on Monday morning! The time off isn't so bad for me I don't think - a week off occasionally (very occasionally) gives body and mind time to recuperate.

Tomorrow I am flying out to Omaha, NE to pick up my car and drive it back to Denver. I will post pics after I wash and seal and wax it. I have a rather impressive list of custom, hand picked modifications already installed on the car by the dealer as well as a last minute one that will be completed today. I also have that license plate ready for pick up. I will post pictures once it's ready
    ad astra per aspera

Saturday

flew to Omaha in the morning to pickup my new car - drove it back to Denver from there! (a seven hour drive)

Sunday
    Woke up early to wash/wax and clean off all the gunk accumulated on the highway drive. Then I spent the rest of the day driving it like I stole it all over town, practicing my burnouts and launches. So much fun. I don't normally drive like this but I really really really needed to on Sunday. It had been building up inside and well I just had to give myself the personal freedom to burn rubber and open it up. I drove until 7 pm and then got home and re-cleaned the car. Amazing how much dust and dirt accumulates on the surface just over a day - looks clean but you wipe a rag over it and it comes of with black dust lines. So yeah I put a second coat of sealant on top of it Sunday night along with a quick coat of butter wax. I spent three hours on Sunday just cleaning the car - surprisingly though it was a lot of fun; I kind of geeked out on car cleaning stuff in the past couple of months in anticipation.

Monday
    Went to bed late Sunday night on account of the car cleaning so I didn't get enough sleep to power Crossfit on Monday -- so I skipped it.

Tuesday
    800m run
    30 Deadlifts (heavy) - 110 kilos
    30 Push Press (shed your weight,same bar) - 110 lbs
    800m run

finished pretty slow maybe 14:35? Ugh I could tell I had taken a week off. still feeling remenants of being sick. My second run I had to drop to my knees to breathe a few times. Amazing how fast I can get out of shape :/

My lifts were also very weak. Dropped the bar a lot - on my push press I was doing sets of three by the end which is stupid/weak.

I'm headed out to the Crossfit games in LA on Thursday afternoon - hopefully this will give my motivation and inspiration a huge push. Lately I have been kind of mopey/disinterested about crossfit.
    ad astra per aspera

A different FastCat mauled 11 people before dying in India. TFC trains so that he can maul 12 people and survive.

ad astra per aspera

ad astra per aspera

Wednesday

Back Squat - 100 kg, 104, 104 (f)
    Press - weaaaak

Thursday

AMRAP in 5min BW Squat Clean

I did 185# instead of 190 - my technique was good but the strength lacking - after 5 reps I wasn't strong enough to front squat the weight up so (maybe Back Squats yesterday had something to do with it) it was rep after rep of getting it up and underneath it and pushing up underneath it for 3 seconds only to get nowhere. Mental note - do more squats and eat past the point of comfort.

mysterious fatigue still around. Was severely winded during this morning's warmup. Maybe by Monday I will be better.

This Afternoon I head to Los Angeles to attend the Crossfit games

What are the crossfit games?

I will be cheering on Rob Orlando and Patrick Barber

Leave this afternoon with a group of people from my box and return super late Sunday evening
    ad astra per aspera

Thursday
    Had dinner at a restuarant off of Rodeo drive in Los Angeles - was very cool. Every car around there was a Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo etc.

Friday

At the games! (no WOD) did some bar muscle ups at Venice Beach in California

Saturday

at games no exercise

Sunday

at games no exercise

Monday

L1 3 rounds for time
    30 Wall Ball 20#
    30 Squat Snatches, 75#

24:30 - haven't WOD'd in way too long. Felt very very out of shape. I could barely stand up in between reps - grasping my knees most of the time. Not proud at all, but felt energized and motivated. Was a great workout to start the process of getting back into shape after 3 weeks of being sick/sluggish/fatigued.

Tuesday

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
    7 Handstand push-ups
    12 L-Pull-ups

I got 4 + 7 HSPUs and 4 L-Sits - had to scale the HSPUs (made a harness with bands on a pullup bar) on account of the fact that I am as strong as a little girl. Which makes me incredibly ragey thinking of it.

dessert: 1 minute of an L-Sit took me about two minutes

Am seriously considering taking a break from Primal/Paleo eating for a while in order to add mass. I have had two separate people tell me that I am looking skinny in the past day.
    Last edited by TheFastCat; 08-02-2011 at 10:31 AM.
    ad astra per aspera

I'm liking these workouts a lot -- great inspiration.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Tuesday lunch -

1/4 watermelon
    3/4 rotisserie chicken
    1 small container blueberries
    3 glasses whole milk
    8 servings almond butter

- making a concerted effort to actively eat more. With the work I do I am blocking my ability to grow and improve. Need to eat more.

Tuesday Evening

Started back with a vicious two a day

Warmup:

15 minutes of mobility work and pain farming. The squat snatches from monday were starting to cause my legs to ache and my hammies and quads were tight.

1/2 mile run in 45 lb weight vest

3 x 33 medicine ball ab mat situps (20#)

3 sets explosive dead hang ring pull ups

4 sets ring dips

lots of explosive push ups - 5 sets to near failure

dinner - 1/4 gallon of whole milk, large red cabbage salad with EVOO, apple cider vinegar and habanero sauce

Wednesday

Clean and Jerk
    1-1-1-1-1-1-1

155 -> 175#

1st time I have C&Jd for 3+ months. By the last set I was learning to dip further on my jerk. I think next time I do this I can get more; for 6 of the sets I was treating my jerk as a push press.

not going to do a second workout tonight - my lower body is so sore and achey that it's hard to walk without looking very strange. Tonight I am hosting a sushi binge (Sushi Destruction #2) for my gym. I plan on Godzillaing lots of sushi.

thanks for saying hello barbarianchick
    ad astra per aspera

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast