Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coconut Oil and my Skin page 2

Catalina is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Thanks, kuno. . .interesting link. I'm going to go eat a spoonful of coconut oil right now!!

I agree about the money/lying thing--an amazing correlation. But honestly, I think a lot of misinformation came from well-intentioned idiots and spread like wildfire through the media (not-so-well-intentioned idiots).

We're lucky to have access to the internet and forums/sites like MDA during this period of history--it may just turn things around by giving people more information and a platform for discussion and debate. (Oh, dear, there I go being optimistic again!)

pfair143 is offline Member

On a side note: Every summer I get little sweat bumps and redness under my breasts where my bra sits. Humidity in the South in the summer is a killer. I had tried powder, deodorant, lotion, astringent..nothing worked. Since I use coconut oil on my legs, upper chest and face after showering I thought why not. After applying on the trouble spots, these small bumps and redness were gone by morning and they have stayed gone as long a I keep applying the oil.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

(Oh, dear, there I go being optimistic again!) LOL!

While the internets (to use GW-speak)can be abused with misinformation, I think that we are just seeing the beginning of the phenomena of the average person having access to data that would never be available to a non-internet world.

The problem is, of course, most people cannot sift out BS from Truth. We really, really need to teach critical thinking skills in schools.

Oh, CO. I've been consuming it and CM now for three months, at least a couple of ounces daily, often more. Even 63 year old men can have skin issues; mine was (TMI AHEAD!)............................ boil bumps on my butt. Only one since going Primal, and it went away fast! And just generally healthier skin in terms of look and feel. Now, is it because of high saturated fats alone, or the SF in CO? Who cares? Something is working.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

I'm with you on this one, OTB--- don't know/don't care (also TMI): I don't get those annoying little "shaving bumps" anymore :-D

I'm just a little frustrated with the vehemence CW is going after all our healthy foods and pushing toxic oils instead, in the face of SO much evidence.

That "elegant" rabbit study was done in the 1960s, for God's sake! It should have inspired more studies...but instead was squashed and ignored :-(

Btw: Most of those little annoying bumpy skin things are caused by a bug called Staphyloccus aureas. Last April (Pre-PB) I ran into its big brother MRSA, and was close to needing skin grafts on my leg.

I really DO NOT want to go through that again...but it seems that I probably won't have to, now.

Also btw: the horrible scars from THAT are going away, too :-D

maba is offline Senior Member

When low-fat was the rage and my mother would try to reduce the use of fat in cooking, my now late 70+ yo grandma would say it was the fat in our food that gave us good skin, and would use lots of ghee and coconut in her cooking. Something has to be said about traditional wisdom!

maba:

You are so VERY right.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Thanks for posting that article- so very interesting!

Back in the day we didn't use sunscreen. During summer break I would bust out my hawaiian tropic oil, lather up, and lay out in the sun for 30 minutes every day. Did not once burn. I returned to that practice over this past summer and have received a lot of flack for it at work. I was getting tan and people wanted to know how (they thought I was getting a spray tan or something) so I told them. How I wish I hadn't! I'm going to get skin cancer, I'm going to get wrinkley, blah blah blah. Fact is, I feel GOOD when I can get sun exposure like that.

Katt is offline Senior Member

I wonder if it is now simply a matter of money? it would cost a lot to change processes, and big Agra and big Pharma make a huge profit on the stuff they push.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

nina_70 Guest

PrimalCon New York

Wow..this is interesting. I haven't tried CO on my skin. Do you use the same brand for all...I mean cooking, imbibing & skin? Straight out of the jar?

Or, does anyone do anything "fancy" to it...like try to make it into a cream-like substance?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast