Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for beef liver recipes page

DebFM is offline Senior Member

Anyone have any good beef liver recipes? We have lots of nice liver from our meat farmer and I'm not sure how/what to do with it.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I put a "recipe" for liver patties in the recipe section the other day. I think I'd rather eat my liver that way than any other way now. I'm going to try doing them with raw liver next time instead of leftover cooked liver.

Geoff is offline Member

Take some thick cut bacon and dice it into cubes (diced fat back would be even better). Render the fat and remove the bacon/cracklings. While the bacon renders "french cut" an onion (trim root and stem ends, halve, peel, and cut longitudinally). Saute the oniom in the hot fat until browning and then add your liver. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT COOK IT TOO LONG. I can't see your cut so it's hard to be more specific than that. Just keep it nice and pink and tender. Gray is gross.

Remove liver and onions to a serving platter and top with bacon/cracklings, and some minced parsley. Fall to.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

I know it's not very primal, but I read somewhere that soaking beef liver in milk for a few hours does wanders. I used to cook it that way and the flavor and aroma are way better. That way you can easily make it "gray" and still have a super-tender piece of sweet tasting liver.

Also, cook it and ground it and make some Deviled Eggs with it.

DebFM is offline Senior Member

Thanks, all! My Gram used to make the nasty grey liver and onions - yuck! She would cook the snot out of everything.

I'll give these a try!

maranne is offline Senior Member

Hi,

I use liver to make a tasty meat broth aka bouillon. I often use leftover carcasses, bones etc. and put it all into a big pan with carrots, celery, parsley etc. It is really good and gives the soup an interesting flavour.

M x

maba is offline Senior Member

I usually make liver curry, Indian style and eat with cauli-rice. Saute onion, ginger, garlic in fat till onion turns translucent. Add turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder (or simply use cayenne pepper + garam masala or any curry powder you have). Salt to taste. Add tomatoes if you want to have some liquid, skip it if you want it dry. Add chopped liver. You can add coconut milk if you want more liquid to eat with "rice". When the liver is done, remove from heat and add lots of chopped cilantro and stir.

atomickim is offline Junior Member
    My favorite recipe for beef liver is from Ren's Edible Aria blog. http://ediblearia.com/2009/07/23/not...er-and-onions/

Peggy is offline Senior Member
    marinate in red wine vinegar (& honey?) for an hour or so. dredge in coconut flour (salt & pepper). Cook in bacon fat after the onions are done. But I think Maba's way sounds really really yummy. But then I like anything cooked with garam masala.

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've never tried it, but my kids old nanny swore by soaking it in tea, then cooking it. Said that it made it sweet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast