Thread: Problems sitting down page

Primal Fuel

Seems like it is nearly impossible for me to sit still on a chair without raising my feet up. I usually end up sitting on sort of squat style position or some sort of variations. And even then i have to be constantly moving my feet. No, i don't think I have restless legs syndrome because when lying down on bed i feel much much more better. The problem is not just in a form of slight discomfort because it affects my productivity and concentration a lot, in fact i like spending most of the days on my bed with my laptop.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

klcarbaugh Guest

What kind of sensation is it exactly? I don't think we can help with that description.

Well, it is very hard to describe. It doesn't really feel painful, just a feeling of discomfort. The sensation is on the whole leg(s) but sometimes certain areas feel more 'painful' than others. There is no other similar feeling really as a reference so that makes it pretty hard to describe.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

I'm no doctor, but discomfort with your legs down sounds like something along the lines of fluid build-up (oedema)? Do your ankles swell? How are you when walking and standing?

There are valves in your veins that stop blood pooling in the lower limbs, if these weaken then you get the varicose veins visible under the skin... but then the lymphatic system also moves tissue fluid around *without* any valves.

Something to think about anyway - if it is fluid retention, CW says to cut down on salt; not sure what Grok would say though!

Indiscreet is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I have a niggly butt/ham thing that aches when I sit or stand for too long. It's similar to sciatica, but not, according ot my physio. Is it something like this (ie muscular discomfort) or something else?

Sitting a lot messes with your general posture - the psoas can get super tight, causing imbalances, low back pain and other issues.

If it's a fluid or circulatory thing, you really need to see a doctor to ascertain whether it can be remedied.

You could try swapping your chair for an exercise ball and see if that helps.