Thread: Obilgatory newbie post :) page

Kaleyna is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Hi everyone,

My name is Kathy and I live in Mill Creek WA just outside of Seattle. I just got the book in the mail yesterday so I am a true newbie. I have done some no grains/paleo type of eating but not well. I was a vegetarian for over 20 years but gave that up about 6 years or so ago. I was naturally very thin most of my life until I was in an unhappy marriage. That seemed, along with getting older, to kick in my polycystic ovarian syndrome and I started gaining weight. After I got divorced, I took up kickboxing. I got into simply truly amazing shape....until after a few years. Then my back started hurting and my hips would ache. It got so bad I could barely get up off the couch. I had to stop kickboxing. Then I was diagnosed with breast cancer 5 years ago. I had my ovaries out instead of chemo for a number of reasons. I didnít really get just how sudden and severe the insta menopause would be. Now I am quite overweight and physically and even emotionally and intellectually, I feel like a different person. I really need to get my life back on track because right now I just go to work for very long hours each day and then watch TV at night and thatís not living. I hope to find some sage wisdom, wry humor and fun friendship and support here and hope eventually I can offer the same in return. Nice to meet you all.

Kathy

Katt is offline Senior Member

Welcome, Kathy! I hope this does for you what you want to have happen in your life.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

A very warm welcome to you, Kathy. Congratulations on your decision to start living again! Stick around here for lots of companionship and encouragement.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Mr Mesolithic Guest

Hi Kathy -

A Warm Welcome!

Is your doctor allowing any pseudo-estrogen, like Black Cohosh, soy?

erstad17 is offline Junior Member

Hi Kathy and welcome. We have a Primal Blueprint Group in Seattle and would love to have you join in on the fun. Just shoot me your email address at grokinseattle@yahoo.com and I can put you on the mailing list.

Kaleyna is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hi Mr Mesolithic. I can't have anything that has estrogenic qualities. I am allowed to use the Estring (not natural) that is low dose and not systemic.

Thanks to all for the welcome.