Thread: Chocolate Bars vs Cocao beans page

shoreline is offline Member

Chocolate Bars vs Cocao beans

Primal Fuel
    I was looking for some information on this site regarding chocolate and found this article
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-5...-in-the-world/

Isn't it better to just eat this and skip those sugar bars and eat the beans?
    http://www.navitasnaturals.com/produ...cao-beans.html

tarek is offline Senior Member
    From what I've read, cacao isn't traditionally consumed raw. Could be wrong. In any case, I've eaten raw cacao and I enjoy it on occasion, but it is a seed, so I'm a little wary of eating lots of it in its raw state.

Also, the sugar content of dark chocolate bars is usually pretty negligible, provided the cacao content is at least 75%.

Melantha is offline Senior Member
    I think the point of "allowing" chocolate on the Primal Blueprint is to have a sweet treat that still packs a decent antioxidant punch. So just eating the cacao beans would defeat the purpose of the "sweet treat" thing. And, in my opinion, the health benefits of chocolate are small enough that it does not warrant the use of cacao as a supplement rather than a flavoring used sparingly.

Also, "raw" cacao powder is not really raw; the beans aren't roasted, but they are allowed to ferment, where the process will naturally raise their temperature above what is considered "raw."

Dr. Bork Bork is offline Senior Member
    Suck it up and have a chocolate bar, shoreline. CHOCOLATE IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL! And Mark encourages us to look after our mental well being just as much as our physical

Soil To Sustenance is offline Senior Member
    I enjoy eating a couple of squares of 100% cacao dipped in coconut oil. I know for some it would be too bitter; however I love it.

shoreline is offline Member
    The beans taste great and have more antioxidants than blueberries, green tea and red wine.