Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Schedule for IF??? page

Panthek is offline Junior Member

Best Schedule for IF???

Primal Fuel
    Hi--I'm trying to lose weight on PB (lost a little so far, but not much). All the posts on IF have convinced me that might be the next technique I add to the repertoire...but I'm a bit confused as to when/how often would have the most beneficial effects on fat loss?

I could fast 16 hours each day (essentially just skip breakfast), and then eat from noon to 8 PM, or I could mix things up and fast randomly...16 hours here, a few days later, 24 hours, or something? Is there any benefit to making the fast length/timing random, or would a 16-hr fast every day make for the best fat loss?

Dr. Bork Bork is offline Senior Member
    Looking forward to responses. I'm new to IF, too, and just did my first 16 hr fast today.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Really its what suits your lifestyle.
    I believe you don't get any more benefit from longer than 16hrs fasting.

paleo_rob is offline Senior Member
    Just let it fit into your lifestyle as best possible.
    I pretty much only eat dinner on my fast days. Sometimes they go for 16hours other times 24hours just let it work with your life as best as possible.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    I just eat a very late afternoon snack (after 4:30 or so) or munch a bit while I'm prepping dinner on my fast days. It works for me - I can get a lot more done during the day if I don't have to stop and eat, and I never get any more hungry than I am at about 11 am. I think if I started eating earlier I'd just eat too much - but just one meal it's hard to overdo it.

Also, I NEVER eat after I finish dinner, until breakfast the next morning, so I get a 12-14 hour fast every single day. Mostly, that's because I sleep much better if I go to bed with an empty stomach. Every third to fifth day, I do a 22-ish hour fast. Since I started doing that more consistently, I've lost weight a lot faster - but that may be more because I dropped dairy from my diet, too. Still, it's a lifestyle modification that I like. It makes me more productive and saves some money on groceries.

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    Skipping breakfast is the easiest way..I couldn't skip dinner.

Paleo-Rob - new avatar? awesome 6 pack!

sarahmasteller is offline Senior Member
    Good post! Anyone else have experience to share with skipping breakfast and just eating lunch/dinner every day vs. skipping lunch and just doing breakfast/dinner each day? Thanks

john_solo is offline Senior Member
    Personally I've been playing with a 24 hour fast (eat dinner, don't eat until dinner the next day). I think I might go longer and incorporate one full day + a few and not eat until breakfast on the following day.

gunn parker is offline Senior Member
    Last week I ate lunch at 1 on Friday and then did not eat again until the same time on Saturday. I was starved by then and could have eaten anything.
    Is that too long to IF?
    Cheers

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    The recommended time for maximum benefit while minimising any drawbacks is 16-8, so a 16 hour fast with an 8 hour eating window. I do this every day with ease. For example, I stop eating (or drinking anything but water) by nine in the evening. I then just don't eat until 1-2pm the following day, and continue the cycle from there. Very very easy to do, once you're out of the lower-carb-adaptation phase.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast